Deluxe Diner

Larraht

16 minutes ago, Larraht said:

If I remember right I had a lobster bisque risotto and sticky toffee pudding? Strawberry daquiris with ice served to the table, it was a great start to the festival.

Is it worth it? And is it all served on proper plates with proper cutlery? 

15 minutes ago, dirtymookie said:

Wow! Wasn't expecting it to be anything on that level! How much was that?

I’ve just had a look at the menu you can find it if you google it, here’s the prices: 

Full Service meals will cost £36 for 2 courses and £46 for 3 courses
 Sunday lunches will be £26

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lukethekid said:

Is it worth it? And is it all served on proper plates with proper cutlery? 

I’ve just had a look at the menu you can find it if you google it, here’s the prices: 

Full Service meals will cost £36 for 2 courses and £46 for 3 courses
 Sunday lunches will be £26

Yeh! It was great! A bit of a novelty have proper plates and cutlery and tables to sit at. They had a bit of live music during dinner too. The cocktails were cold and the food was good (I wouldn't say it was earth shattering but worth the money, given the atmosphere etc). We ate, relaxed around the South East Corner and then watched the fireworks at stone circle. It was cool!

We’ve done the Sunday lunch for the last three Glastonbury’s. Great atmosphere, fun and friendly crew serving, real cutlery, entertainment and best of all a bottle of wine (not inc)! The roast is very good, but outside the context, nothing to be too excited about. 

Overall its a great experience and we love it. If it’s a muddy one it is an absolute pleasure and makes you feel human for an hour!

I think it goes on sale around March time?

I did it one year it was nice but I didn’t like having to be there at a set time, would rather bimble and pick up a veggie curry when i fancy it. Nice for a change though, plate and cutlery was the most memorable part, food was good but there’s so much good food at Glastonbury....

7 hours ago, Larraht said:

Can anyone remember when bookings open for the Deluxe Diner? In 2017 we booked in for the 3 course meal on the Wednesday and it was a lovely start to the festival, we would love to do it again! 

This is a really good idea and I might steal it. Also potentially depressing question: I'm going solo I can't imagine they'd have like a minimum number of people per booking would they? I mean, if so I'm sure I could potentially just grab two randomers and be like "Do you want to eat a free hot meal adjacent to but not necessarily with me?" 

Edited by Sargey Babes

24 minutes ago, Sargey Babes said:

This is a really good idea and I might steal it. Also potentially depressing question: I'm going solo I can't imagine they'd have like a minimum number of people per booking would they? I mean, if so I'm sure I could potentially just grab two randomers and be like "Do you want to eat a free hot meal adjacent to but not necessarily with me?" 

The majority of seating is communal style at long tables, so perfect if you’re going solo. 

2 hours ago, Sargey Babes said:

The one time I’ve done this, I did it alone and was put onto the end of a table with a group. They were a friendly bunch and it was nice to get to know them briefly. Would have been a bit awkward if they weren’t friendly, but they were so it wasn’t. 

17 hours ago, Sargey Babes said:

To be honest, we were all sat on long tables (like a wagamamas type set up) so you'll be thrown in with other people anyway! We all got chatting on our table, as you do at Glastonbury so flying solo would be fine I imagine!