50th Anniversary

Padgey

5 minutes ago, Havors said:

Yeah not sure what the rumour was born from but someone on here somewhere mentioned something about it... I would imagine they could get away with it for a one off... the noise from arcadia etc at 5am on the wed/thursday makes me thing having the stages on until about 9-10pm wouldnt be much of an issue if they really wanted it?

Probably just tall tales but I think it would be a great way to celebrate 50 years... im just greedy though and wish the festival actually ran monday to monday haha 

Thing is once they've done it "to celebrate 50 years" it'd be hard to go back to not doing it the next year.

8 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Thing is once they've done it "to celebrate 50 years" it'd be hard to go back to not doing it the next year.

I disagree somewhat. If they do a Pyramid slot on Thursday it's probably going to be Coldplay who will do it for very low / no fee. They can't put on a full other day or even pay an extra headliner without increasing ticket price. This would have to be a one off

2 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

I disagree somewhat. If they do a Pyramid slot on Thursday it's probably going to be Coldplay who will do it for very low / no fee. They can't put on a full other day or even pay an extra headliner without increasing ticket price. This would have to be a one off

After a Thursday special guest slot once we'd be talking about it every year and whenever anyone was moaning about overcrowding at the limited Thursday options they'd winge about sticking something on the Pyramid like they did the other year.

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

After a Thursday special guest slot once we'd be talking about it every year and whenever anyone was moaning about overcrowding at the limited Thursday options they'd winge about sticking something on the Pyramid like they did the other year.

I don't disagree with that fact we would be talking about it here, I think it actually happening every year is a different matter. I actually really enjoy not being on a timetable on the Wed and Thurs but then again with my 4 newbies in tow I expect we'd be there for Chris & friends. 

I just think if it does happen this year (I think chances are low for safety reasons), then it will be a 1 off. 

1 hour ago, Heather90 said:

That would overcome the over-crowding issue!

'the organisers would have had a rush of blood to the head to let Coldplay do it again ......it was an amazing day when they finished last time ... dont panic its not going to happen although for some they would have their headful of dreams  as there are some on here that like them but for me it another appearance would be far from paradise 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

'the organisers would have had a rush of blood to the head to let Coldplay do it again ......it was an amazing day when they finished last time ... dont panic its not going to happen although for some they would have their headful of dreams  as there are some on here that like them but for me it another appearance would be far from paradise 

giphy.gif

I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of 'festival of the stars' with key performances by acts that have made significant contributions to Glastonbury since its inception spread over the weekend and between stages. How they'd manage crowd control if any of these acts, most of which would presumably be noteworthy, were to play smaller stages, I've no idea.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of 'festival of the stars' with key performances by acts that have made significant contributions to Glastonbury since its inception spread over the weekend and between stages. How they'd manage crowd control if any of these acts, most of which would presumably be noteworthy, were to play smaller stages, I've no idea.

Any acts in particular you're thinking of? In my OP I mentioned The Levellers but was hoping people would come up with other suggestions. 

8 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Any acts in particular you're thinking of? In my OP I mentioned The Levellers but was hoping people would come up with other suggestions. 

Not really, sorry. Anytime I think of an act, it's immediately followed by the thought that it would be practically impossible to facilitate it.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:57 PM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I know somebody who is involved in running the festival. I spoke to him in the summer and he said one thing that’s been planned is to bring a lot of the acts back that have been popular over the past few years. He mentioned Earth Wind and Fire as one.

@eFestivals, this merit a 'Rumour'?

55 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I guess it does.

Tho it means West Holts is already over-subscribed with potential headliners. :P 

(tho I guess they could be on a different stage, so have listed them for unknown at the mo).

I feel like Earth Wind & Fire would be stepping from WH headline to afternoon Pyramid a bit like Chic & Nile recently did.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I feel like Earth Wind & Fire would be stepping from WH headline to afternoon Pyramid a bit like Chic & Nile recently did.

Yeah I agree. Would make a lotta sense after Diana Ross.

With Aerosmith, Taylor Swift, Santana, Diana Ross etc being in the mix for a slot this year (with Diana confirmed), should we be a little bit more sympathetic to the argument that the “anniversary” tag has swung some pretty major acts to play the festival? There’s been a couple of acts now in the mix which have previously been out of the running due to fee etc.

We shouldn’t get too excited but the names in the mix for this year do feel a bit bigger than usual.

They’re just rumours though ultimately, Aerosmith based purely on the fact that Skybet have short odds on them. Every year we get similar, many of which don’t come to fruition. 
That said, it is the 50th, and I hope they get the acts worthy of such a momentous occasion. Hopefully Worthy Farm will be one big party next June.