50th Anniversary

Padgey

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I know somebody who is involved in running the festival. I spoke to him in the summer and he said one thing that’s been planned is to bring a lot of the acts back that have been popular over the past few years. He mentioned Earth Wind and Fire as one.

Hope your right as they are my favourite band

28 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That’s a pity, no B52’s then

They were going to allow subtractions, division and multiplications at one point to avoid this but decided against it as they thought it would make a mockery of the whole system.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Sunday is looking a mess too with D12, Shed seven, 30 seconds to mars and One direction to headline. 

If you ask me they’ve not thought it through.

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I know somebody who is involved in running the festival. I spoke to him in the summer and he said one thing that’s been planned is to bring a lot of the acts back that have been popular over the past few years. He mentioned Earth Wind and Fire as one.

Was thinking: what former headliners are there that would now play a normal slot? Skunk Anansie, Travis and Psychedelic Furs come to mind

Edited by Gilgamesh69

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Was thinking: what former headliners are there that would now play a normal slot? Skunk Anansie, Travis and Psychedelic Furs come to mind

Plenty, although not sure I’d want to see too many: UB40, Elvis Costello, New Order, Suzanne Vega, Happy Mondays, Shakespeares Sister, The Levellers, Black Crowes, Ash, Manics, Moby etc

15 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Just imagine: Macca headlines Sunday night. Closes with With a Little Help From My Friends. All the previous (living) Glasto headliners come out and join him. Morrissey and Fat Bob dad dance side by side, Dave Grohl keeps asking if they're ready to rock, etc

Fran Healy says the R word. Matt Healy says a different R word.

Just now, Saint northover said:

Is the potential of opening up the main stages on a Thursday to get some extra acts on.?

Or is there some sort of license issue with having them open on a Thursday? 

No chance whatsoever, at least not without a significant licence change which would likely result in some pretty difficult negotiations with locals and would realistically need to already be in progress.

Remember that the last time they changed the licence for the Pyramid, to get the noise limit raised by a couple decibels, the trade off was to bring the curfew forward by 30 minutes. Can't imagine the locals would be keen on agreeing to an extra day without getting something significant (ie not viable) in return.