50th Anniversary

Padgey

So it's seems like the 50th anniversary is going to be a big thing but I've not seen many suggestions on what the festival might be doing to celebrate it. Will there be a new area? Will the sign have 50 on the end? Will some bookings be a nod to the last 50 years, The Levellers having supposedly the biggest crowd, The Kinks who were supposed to play the first festival back in 1970?

What's everyone's thoughts, or rumours, on what they could do? 

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I know somebody who is involved in running the festival. I spoke to him in the summer and he said one thing that’s been planned is to bring a lot of the acts back that have been popular over the past few years. He mentioned Earth Wind and Fire as one.

im hoping hes not full of hot air and nobody pisses on his fire 

25 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I know somebody who is involved in running the festival. I spoke to him in the summer and he said one thing that’s been planned is to bring a lot of the acts back that have been popular over the past few years. He mentioned Earth Wind and Fire as one.

Chris Martin likes this.

• Upvote 2

I can imagine 1 or 2 bigger acts on the Pyramid during the day (the rock slot for example) Sign above the screen like they did with the 40th saying 1970 - 2020. Apart from that I'm not hoping for anything special or insane and keeping my hopes. If its just another year at Glastonbury, its going to be fantastic anyway. Anything special is a bonus. 

31 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

??

Each day they are only having bands on the pyramid who have a number in their name.  When the numbers are all added up they will equal 50.

Friday looks ok with U2, Maroon 5, the Jackson 5, nine inch nails, 21 pilots, boys II men, 2 door cinema club l, 4 non blondes and Chris Martin.

Saturday’s 8 hour set by 50 cent needs a rethink though

• Like 3
  • Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Each day they are only having bands on the pyramid who have a number in their name.  When the numbers are all added up they will equal 50.

Friday looks ok with U2, Maroon 5, the Jackson 5, nine inch nails, 21 pilots, boys II men, 2 door cinema club l, 4 non blondes and Chris Martin.

Sunday is looking a mess too with D12, Shed seven, 30 seconds to mars and One direction to headline. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

That’s a pity, no B52’s then