Djing at Glastonbury

westholtschic

Good afternoon.

I''m already going to be at Glastonbury volunteering with FMS but would love to DJ at Glastonbury for free. I have already played a couple of local festivals but it would be a dream come true to play at the festival for free. I play Soul, Motown, Funk, Disco and Northern Soul.

Does anyone know who is the best person/s to contact please ? Thank you.

There's no one person, there's not even a defined group of people.

Once you get past the main 5ish stages, pretty much every stage or area has it's own distinct management who book acts. So basically I'd suggest making a list of each of the possible places you think would suit you best, and then contacting them individually - most of them will have Facebook and/or Twitter pages.

You can go to them saying that you've already got a wristband, which is a definite advantage as there's a real shortage of them on smaller stages so make sure you say that up front. It also helps if you're prepared to play at a less desirable time ie when your favourite ever band is headlining the Pyramid - I've talked to a manager of a very small stage in the past, and he constantly got E-Mails along the lines of "We'd love to play on your stage, how about Thursday evening and we'd need 4 wristbands for the band and another 4 for our partners" - those E-Mails just got deleted immediately.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

There's no one person, there's not even a defined group of people.

Once you get past the main 5ish stages, pretty much every stage or area has it's own distinct management who book acts. So basically I'd suggest making a list of each of the possible places you think would suit you best, and then contacting them individually - most of them will have Facebook and/or Twitter pages.

You can go to them saying that you've already got a wristband, which is a definite advantage as there's a real shortage of them on smaller stages so make sure you say that up front. It also helps if you're prepared to play at a less desirable time ie when your favourite ever band is headlining the Pyramid - I've talked to a manager of a very small stage in the past, and he constantly got E-Mails along the lines of "We'd love to play on your stage, how about Thursday evening and we'd need 4 wristbands for the band and another 4 for our partners" - those E-Mails just got deleted immediately.

Thank you very much 

1 hour ago, westholtschic said:

Good afternoon.

I''m already going to be at Glastonbury volunteering with FMS but would love to DJ at Glastonbury for free. I have already played a couple of local festivals but it would be a dream come true to play at the festival for free. I play Soul, Motown, Funk, Disco and Northern Soul.

Does anyone know who is the best person/s to contact please ? Thank you.

There are places in the south east corner that do open decks sessions early in the day, not sure how it works though. You need to pick which areas you think would be best suited and contact them individually @Ddiamondd might have useful info?

Edited by Madyaker

1 hour ago, westholtschic said:

Thank you all very much. I don't care if I only have one person dancing. I don't have a mix but here is my radio show that I do fortnightly if you would like a laugh!

Funky like a train! Had a wee wiz through the show, very good! 

• Upvote 1

as its Saturday night ..... ITs a 9 from me and its providing my listening for the evening ... Thanks :) 

2 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Thank you all very much. I don't care if I only have one person dancing. I don't have a mix but here is my radio show that I do fortnightly if you would like a laugh!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Is right lad, hope you get to spin on Worthy Farm. 

?

6 hours ago, august1 said:

Chances are you'll be playing to about 3 people tbh, but you can say you've played Glastonbury?!

The year the Stones played I got chatting to a guy who'd DJ'd a little tent somewhere on the Saturday. We decided he could legitimately tell his kids that he'd once supported The Rolling Stones