Paul McCartney

Demarcation

1 hour ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Was just in front of us in the pit - couldn't see exactly but lots of people waving and pointing to someone - sounded like someone passed out. Stewards came in from the pit barrier and was all good I think. 

You must have been right behind us - that’s exactly right (we were on the right hand barrier).

It happened a few times. 

Hopefully all good. 

8 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

You must have been right behind us - that’s exactly right (we were on the right hand barrier).

It happened a few times. 

Hopefully all good. 

According to Glasto Chat on FB it was hypothermia - poor girl had been there all day and ended up in medical tent for the set. Heartbreaking.

Particularly as I was roasting hot in that crowd.

Paul's solo guitar playing in the Hendrix Tribute was so good. 

Now goes down as the greatest set I've ever seen.

Springsteen and Grohl looked sheepish up there with the great man 

I thought 1985 smoked and everything worked on the night, even the Johnny Depp / Natalie Portman thing.

What a legend.

Even his patter:

" ...and Eric said, No, tune it yourself"

Felt like he was talking to you in the corner of a pub.

11 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

According to Glasto Chat on FB it was hypothermia - poor girl had been there all day and ended up in medical tent for the set. Heartbreaking.

Particularly as I was roasting hot in that crowd.

Yeah - it wasn't particularly nippy.  Maybe someone misheard (diabetic) hypoglycaemia?

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

What was the drama in the crowd he referred to?

Some guy (apparently related to some ex-Kid Creole Coconut) had an adverse reaction to some shrooms and had to be carried through the crowd to the front - he looked very spaced out, but it was all handled very efficiently

My mates further back were totally unaware of us at the front singing happy birthday to Macca just after Junior's Farm, and just thought that Macca standing there quietly for it was him having a 'senior moment' 😆

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

God - the sound in the BBC recording is great. The brass sounds even better than it did in the field.

Those brass were stunning weren't they! Did someone say that until recently he'd used sampled brass? The real thing makes all the difference in the world!

1 hour ago, billum said:

Those brass were stunning weren't they! Did someone say that until recently he'd used sampled brass? The real thing makes all the difference in the world!

Or "brass" on the keyboards like he did in 04.

So rather annoyingly my Sky box didnt record this. Anyone know where its available?

Edited by The Nal

Macca obsessives on Facebook reckon the iplayer version has been remixed to rid of a couple of technical difficulties from the Saturday recording. Also includes Danger which was omitted.

Just watched it back and it sounds just as spectacular as I remember on Saturday. Up there with Blur 09 for me that was.

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Oooh thanks read they hadnt put it on there.

It was quite late going up - my kids were panicking that it wasn’t going to appear at all after I’d bigged it up as the GOAT

12 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Macca obsessives on Facebook reckon the iplayer version has been remixed to rid of a couple of technical difficulties from the Saturday recording. Also includes Danger which was omitted.

Just watched it back and it sounds just as spectacular as I remember on Saturday. Up there with Blur 09 for me that was.

This patching up of the mix is probably why it was so slow to appear

• Like 1