Paul McCartney

Demarcation

4 minutes ago, robbie1983 said:

Literally could be the last time to see one of if not the greatest song writers of all time, play hit after hit on the pyramid stage with 100k other watching and singing along.

Even if you’re not a Beatles fan, even if you think he voice isn’t as strong as it used to be, you’ll literally be giving up on what will go down as one of those special Glastonbury nights and will forever hate yourself for all eternity. 

Or don't go to something you're not interested in just because people say you should.

31 minutes ago, robbie1983 said:

Literally could be the last time to see one of if not the greatest song writers of all time, play hit after hit on the pyramid stage with 100k other watching and singing along.

Even if you’re not a Beatles fan, even if you think he voice isn’t as strong as it used to be, you’ll literally be giving up on what will go down as one of those special Glastonbury nights and will forever hate yourself for all eternity. 

I can guarantee I'll be quite happy with Roisin Murphy, thanks. But I'm sure you and everyone else at Macca will have a blast. It's a no-lose situation 🙂

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t want to see Macca ‘cause he might be shit - gonna watch Yungblud instead. 

Horses for courses and all that but something there doesn’t quite add up 😋

Not saying he's shit....but he's clearly past his good performance days. Your not gonna get Beatles era macca , your not even gonna get macca solo at his best macca.....as for yungblood his show will be good and full of energy, which is what I'm after that stage of the day. 

2 hours ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Im not one to follow the herd or go and watch someone just because of `who` they are, beatle or no beatle..... ive seen recent maccas live stuff and you can barely hear the guy at times.....again not his fault hes getting on in years as we all are but when theres so much other choice happening around the site do i really want to watch a poor version of past glories over any of it just because of what hes done in the past?  Will probably be at yungblud for the first part of the set anyway. And then make my way to the se corner for a mental saturday night while everyone else is watching macca so avoiding the mass scramble when its over

Not everybody is following the herd. I've not only recently realised that Beatles are arguably my favourite band of all time...

Fair play...you watch Yungblud, I'll watch Beatles tunes be played on the best stage on earth with a very good band and an utter legend fronting it all. 

Henry Bear phrased it better than I could recently:

Screenshot_20220613-142716_Gallery.jpg

1 minute ago, Gwladboy said:

This reminds me of someone saying they missed Stevie Wonder in 2010 because they were watching Ash.

I was at Levellers.

I regret nothing.

I'll be at Macca, but basing a decision at Glastonbury on where you "should" be is nonsense.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KPSandwiches said:

I can guarantee I'll be quite happy with Roisin Murphy, thanks. But I'm sure you and everyone else at Macca will have a blast. It's a no-lose situation 🙂

There are lots of artists who will never be seen again likely....doesn't mean I'd make a huge effort to see them above anyone else, I was never a massive Beatles fan anyway. It meant something to me seeing motorhead the year they were at the fest as they were one of my favourite bands and it was shortly before Lemmy passed but I'm not gonna see macca if I'm not a massive fan anyway just because of his name....never got that attitude....lots of artists are 'legends' doesn't mean we all have to be fans or see them if given the chance just because of that.

Edited by waterfalls21234

7 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Not saying he's shit....but he's clearly past his good performance days. Your not gonna get Beatles era macca , your not even gonna get macca solo at his best macca.....as for yungblood his show will be good and full of energy, which is what I'm after that stage of the day. 

Again... Fair enough, but I don't need the frontperson jumping about on stage for me to enjoy it or to be energised, otherwise I'd have said Dizzee Rascal was enjoyable in 2013. It's going to be hit after hit. By a Beatle. At the Pyramid.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your night too. It's good to know that not every single attendee will be at the Pyramid on Saturday evening, really.

5 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

There are lots of artists who will never be seen again likely....doesn't mean I'd make a huge effort to see them above anyone else, I was never a massive Beatles fan anyway. It meant something to me seeing motorhead the year they were at the fest as they were one of my favourite bands and it was shortly before Lemmy passed but I'm not gonna see macca if I'm not a massive fan anyway just because of his name....never got that attitude....lots of artists are 'legends' doesn't mean we all have to be fans or see them if given the chance just because of that.

Not sure anyone's asking you to?

6 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

This reminds me of someone saying they missed Stevie Wonder in 2010 because they were watching Ash.

I was at Orbital, after waiting 15 years to see them live for the first time. No regrets, they even brought out Doctor Who. 

I'll be at Macca though, if he ends with his current setlist of Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End then I will cry and maybe die.

How boring life would be if we all liked the same thing.  I’m definitely all for people enjoying their own path regardless of what others think, fucks it got to do with them?

I do find it odd to come into a Paul McCartney thread a week before just to say it’s gonna be crap and you won’t be going though.

Positive vibes!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

How boring life would be if we all liked the same thing.  I’m definitely all for people enjoying their own path regardless of what others think, fucks it got to do with them?

I do find it odd to come into a Paul McCartney thread a week before just to say it’s gonna be crap and you won’t be going though.

Positive vibes!

Didn't say it would be crap at all. Certainly not that negative a tone, putting words in my mouth there buddy. Show me where I used the word crap? 

17 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Again... Fair enough, but I don't need the frontperson jumping about on stage for me to enjoy it or to be energised, otherwise I'd have said Dizzee Rascal was enjoyable in 2013. It's going to be hit after hit. By a Beatle. At the Pyramid.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your night too. It's good to know that not every single attendee will be at the Pyramid on Saturday evening, really.

Haha defo best for both....I'm gonna also love the fact a lot of the site 'will' be at macca as it means those like me who want to will be able to start their Saturday night hassle free getting down the se corner without a crush. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, waterfalls21234 said:

People saying you should see macca because it's last chance to see a legend etc....

I'd imagine that's one of many reasons someone has (alongside really liking The Beatles? Unlike yourself) as to why they're going to watch it. I don't think anyone's going to try and find you during Youngblud to drag you over to the Pyramid

24 minutes ago, Quark said:

I was at Levellers.

I regret nothing.

I'll be at Macca, but basing a decision at Glastonbury on where you "should" be is nonsense.

Yes to be honest people who turn up because they are waiting for something special to happen are often the reason why something special doesn't happen. Go where you want to go and immerse yourself in whatever you choose to do. Glastonbury wouldn't put stuff on up against him if everyone was expected to be there. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, matichin said:

I was at Orbital, after waiting 15 years to see them live for the first time. No regrets, they even brought out Doctor Who. 

I'll be at Macca though, if he ends with his current setlist of Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End then I will cry and maybe die.

I hope nobody dies, but if he ends with that trio there will be a lot of tears shed a week on Saturday, can’t wait!!!

59 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

Wow.  In 30+ years of going to gigs/festivals, Stevie Wonder on the Pyramid is probably in my top 2 or 3 performances.  Don't get me wrong, I love Ash but that error of judgement is breath taking IMO.

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Wow.  In 30+ years of going to gigs/festivals, Stevie Wonder on the Pyramid is probably in my top 2 or 3 performances.  Don't get me wrong, I love Ash but that error of judgement is breath taking IMO.

I was not convinced to watch Stevie Wonder, listened in the van as we queued into the West Van Fields (too f’ing far from anywhere IMHO - enjoy Sticklinch you guys), Mrs NS kept turning it off. Anyway, come Sunday evening we were at the back of the field with our mates and we are both so happy we did not go anywhere else. Can’t wait for Macca :):)

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Yes, no, maybe. Who knows?  If you're an Ash fan and you had an absolute blast, that's no error right?

If you were 50/50 and went for Ash, had a mediocre time and realised how much fun you missed at Stevie, then yep fine.

For my part I had an absolute ball in the Glade. The crowd that was there really really wanted to be there. Ridiculously partisan, even by Levs standards. They played some rarities I'd never heard them play live before or since. I came out of that set absolutely drenched with the biggest grin on my face. Still one of my all time highlights.

I love Stevie and would have had great fun, and yeah it's a slight regret not seeing him because it was Stevie Wonder. But I also remember exactly how much fun I had elsewhere!