Paul McCartney

Demarcation

39 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Tasty. We’re they the ones that got in for the soundcheck too? 

Yeah, and there were likely some higher priced ones than that. The more interesting thing is that this gig made more than some of the other venues which had maybe 20,000 more in attendance. Rolling Stones have the most 8mil+ grosses in the u.s. with 36.

tbh youll prob get a better set from the bootleg beatles on the acoustic, they killed it on the same stage the other year, had the entire tent singing along to every word, and the effort put into the tribute is amazing also.......yes I know `the real thing` is performing on the pyramid but his voice is shot now and his set isnt exactly going to be full of energy now either is it? (not his fault before anyone accuses me of disrespect just age taking its course) Amazing performer in his day but now? Clearly someone whose headlining based on past reputation rather then current ability.

Edited by waterfalls21234
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, waterfalls21234 said:

tbh youll prob get a better set from the bootleg beatles on the acoustic, they killed it on the same stage the other year, had the entire tent singing along to every word, and the effort put into the tribute is amazing also.......yes I know `the real thing` is performing on the pyramid but his voice is shot now and his set isnt exactly going to be full of energy now either is it? (not his fault before anyone accuses me of disrespect just age taking its course) Amazing performer in his day but now? Clearly someone whose headlining based on past reputation rather then current ability.

😂

• Upvote 1

There’s no denying the Bootlegs put on a cracking show in the Acoustic each year (less said about their Pyramid appearance the better though 😬) but this is a REAL Beatle on the Pyramid stage!!!! 😍🤩

There’s just no contest.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, waterfalls21234 said:

It'll be one of the most iconic moments and parties in Pyramid history. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, theciderviking said:

There’s no denying the Bootlegs put on a cracking show in the Acoustic each year (less said about their Pyramid appearance the better though 😬) but this is a REAL Beatle on the Pyramid stage!!!! 😍🤩

There’s just no contest.

Personally I enjoyed their Pyramid set. The Acoustic is a horrible stage to watch a band.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Personally I enjoyed their Pyramid set. The Acoustic is a horrible stage to watch a band.

For me they just seemed a bit lost and washed out on such a big stage, but that probably wasn’t helped by the drizzly weather and the crowd being much more spaced out. It works for me in the Acoustic because it’s always packed out and the crowd are always up for it - such a singalong! 

Gald you enjoyed the Pyramid set though. 😁

The setlist looks pretty locked in right now aside from one or two tweaks here or there. What are the chances of something really out of the blue at Glastonbury? Anyone know what Shakey is up to next weekend? He’s the dream guest!

21 minutes ago, theciderviking said:

For me they just seemed a bit lost and washed out on such a big stage, but that probably wasn’t helped by the drizzly weather and the crowd being much more spaced out. It works for me in the Acoustic because it’s always packed out and the crowd are always up for it - such a singalong! 

Gald you enjoyed the Pyramid set though. 😁

I guess they play early evening on Acoustic so everyone has woken up. To be honest i find a lot of people are lost on the Pyramid early on. 

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

It'll be one of the most iconic moments and parties in Pyramid history. 

Im not one to follow the herd or go and watch someone just because of `who` they are, beatle or no beatle..... ive seen recent maccas live stuff and you can barely hear the guy at times.....again not his fault hes getting on in years as we all are but when theres so much other choice happening around the site do i really want to watch a poor version of past glories over any of it just because of what hes done in the past?  Will probably be at yungblud for the first part of the set anyway. And then make my way to the se corner for a mental saturday night while everyone else is watching macca so avoiding the mass scramble when its over

Edited by waterfalls21234

26 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Im not one to follow the herd or go and watch someone just because of `who` they are, beatle or no beatle..... ive seen recent maccas live stuff and you can barely hear the guy at times.....again not his fault hes getting on in years as we all are but when theres so much other choice happening around the site do i really want to watch a poor version of past glories over any of it just because of what hes done in the past?  Will probably be at yungblud for the first part of the set anyway. And then make my way to the se corner for a mental saturday night while everyone else is watching macca so avoiding the mass scramble when its over

Don’t want to see Macca ‘cause he might be shit - gonna watch Yungblud instead. 

Horses for courses and all that but something there doesn’t quite add up 😋

Literally could be the last time to see one of if not the greatest song writers of all time, play hit after hit on the pyramid stage with 100k other watching and singing along.

Even if you’re not a Beatles fan, even if you think he voice isn’t as strong as it used to be, you’ll literally be giving up on what will go down as one of those special Glastonbury nights and will forever hate yourself for all eternity.