Jump to content

Paul McCartney


Demarcation
 Share

Recommended Posts

Still undecided on McCartney. Saw him in 2011 in the gods, and it was ok - wasn't the most memorable gig. There's only a couple of songs in the current setlist that inspire a real 'yeah, I want to be there for that' moment. If he bust out something like Tomorrow Never Knows, For No One, or She's So Heavy I would be there with bells on. I watched the documentary recently to try and get some juices flowing, but that didn't do much for me. 

Considering arriving for the second half of the set, but that would probably mean missing 1985. I guess I'll see what the alternatives are on the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

This might have been asked but are we likely to see the setlist tweaked for a festival crowd at all, and what could change if it was?

I don't think it'll change much - his setlist has stayed much the same for a long time. If anything it'll be 4 or 5 songs shorter than his own shows, but with the chance of something out of the ordinary - special guests, or a one-off performance of something like Mull of Kintyre.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mull of Kintyre would be a showstopper- just the right level of daftness but with a singalong hook you could catch a blue whale with.  An 'I was there' moment.....

Amazing really that a song that sat at #1 in the UK singles chart for 9 weeks, was the UK's biggest selling single until Band Aid, and remains the UK's biggest selling non-charity single, is so rarely performed live.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Amazing really that a song that sat at #1 in the UK singles chart for 9 weeks, was the UK's biggest selling single until Band Aid, and remains the UK's biggest selling non-charity single, is so rarely performed live.

Big production needed!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Amazing really that a song that sat at #1 in the UK singles chart for 9 weeks, was the UK's biggest selling single until Band Aid, and remains the UK's biggest selling non-charity single, is so rarely performed live.

Probably cos punk arrived right around the same time it was released and it immediately became a bit of a punchline.

Or cos it needs bagpipes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Big production needed!

 

I saw him do it in Liverpool after previously being a sceptic about the song but it was great. At Glastonbury it would be incredible. Getting emosh just thinking about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably cos punk arrived right around the same time it was released and it immediately became a bit of a punchline.

Or cos it needs bagpipes.

Fuck bagpipes.  Sound like an adenoidal cat drowning.  Hate them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

I don't think it'll change much - his setlist has stayed much the same for a long time. If anything it'll be 4 or 5 songs shorter than his own shows, but with the chance of something out of the ordinary - special guests, or a one-off performance of something like Mull of Kintyre.

 

Untitled.png

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mull of Kintyre would be a showstopper- just the right level of daftness but with a singalong hook you could catch a blue whale with.  An 'I was there' moment.....

Frog song would be a showstopper. lol

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

This might have been asked but are we likely to see the setlist tweaked for a festival crowd at all, and what could change if it was?

 I think the only tweaks will be depending on what/if any guests he has during the set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

 

Untitled.png

I know it's one of his insipid songs, but should he do it at Glasto, the moment the pipers come out and join in there'll be carnage as grown men break down in tears. Some are welling up right now, just thinking about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...