Paul McCartney

Demarcation

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2022/climate-pledge-arena-seattle-wa-73b7a2f1.html

Would love to see Drive My Car, Ram On and Lady Madonna. 

More Ram please! Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey would be a hoot. 

I don't know how much extra the tickets are to get the sound check bit but you're almost getting an extra gig. I think he does some q&a aswell. 

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I mean, that's horrific but compared to the actual ticket price, not that much more.

The VIP front row hang around in some VIP lounge tickets can go up to 7k. Dont even get to meet him.

He has about 15 levels of VIP apparently. People like his wife and Ringo are level 1. Very famous people sometimes cant even get to see him. And if they do they get a quick pic with a thumbs up.

Always amuses me then when you see him sat in coach on a train reading a book.

nintchdbpict000335273660.jpg

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

The VIP front row hang around in some VIP lounge tickets can go up to 7k. Dont even get to meet him.

He has about 15 levels of VIP apparently. People like his wife and Ringo are level 1. Very famous people sometimes cant even get to see him. And if they do they get a quick pic with a thumbs up.

Loving the idea of Ringo whistling past Macca's security goons as they bundle Beyonce or Obama or someone out the door. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Thats Faul McCartney

Thought I'd use maths to try and help decide if seeing Paul is worth it for me, using his May 2nd setlist, out of 36 songs, I'd be really happy to see 7 of them. Which tells me I'm probably better off somewhere else. But damn those 7 songs would be really good to see...

Him and Diana Ross are the only nailed on certainties for me at this moment, apart from possibly Supergrass.  Rest still undecided/depends on clashes/etc.  Anyone of such legendary status can only be missed if you've seen them before.  I haven't, so that's me in 100%.  The show will be incredible.  My favourite ever Glasto performance is Stevie Wonder and I expect it to rival that.

34 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

🤦‍♂️

8 hours ago, The Nal said:

That is quite clearly first class.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

The interesting stuff was in the soundcheck again.

Jet was back, I love Honey Don't, inexplicable eFests favourite Temporary Secretary and Ram On.

He sometimes does Ill Follow The Sun in the soundchecks. I'd viciously murder everyone on these boards to hear him do that at the G. 

Also Macca needs to do a Neil Innes tribute. 

Edited by The Nal

Having the likes of Jet and Drive My Car practiced and then used for the sound check seems mental, and I’m hopeful that they’ll get their proper airing at Glastonbury given that it’s a festival crowd and not just his die hard fans. Switch them two in for some of the lesser known songs he’s been playing earlier in the set and it already looks far more casual friendly.