Jump to content

Paul McCartney


Demarcation
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Although if and it's a big if clashfinder is accurate I'm not sure where I'd see the Noel Gallagher fans heading (unless it was early to SE Corner) image.thumb.png.0d436b84a8276fda841d6509b5e49f83.png

Lorde hasn't been confirmed as Other Headliner. 

I'll probably watch Haim, go get some drinks, pee break, bit of food and come back during Noels set, hopefully make way slowly into the pit. 

Edited by chazwwe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Noel has dropped setlists like this before.

Last 12 tunes of the show.

  1. (Oasis cover)
  2. (Oasis cover)
  3. (Oasis cover)
  4. (Oasis cover)
  5. (Oasis cover)
  6. (Oasis cover)
  7. (Oasis cover)
  8.  
  9. Encore:
  10.  
  11. (Oasis cover)
  12. (The Beatles cover)

 

Edited by The Nal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, CurrySauce said:

Trying to work out what to do timing wise. Not sure i fancy the 5 hour stint but also want a decent spot. I'm assuming atmosphere wise it's gonna be good pretty much wherever, is there a point where the sound becomes worse or you just feel too far from the action?

Sound is great for Pyramid headliners. We ended up much further back for The Killers than I'd usually like (behind sound desk) and the sound was exceptional.

For The Rolling Stones were about as far back as you could be (almost literally the back row of the Pyramid) and there was still great sound and atmosphere. 

This time I'm aiming for somewhere between the pit and the sound desk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I notice the only McCartney III track he played last night is the one St Vincent remixed. She's at the festival so perhaps she'll come out with him?

Also, do we assume Junior's Farm will be changed to Worthy Farm or Michael's Farm?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Prune a couple of the less exciting solo tracks and that would do nicely indeed. Can’t really see him doing Rattling Rose or Dead in the Water (as lovely as it is). Nice Oasis run from Masterplan.

Edited by MEGABOWL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

All this talk of staying in one spot for hours. Don't you people need the bar or toilet? 

I want a good spot for Paul but no way am I standing around for hours without a bar or toilet trip! 

Hip flask of whisky/rum is your friend in this situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2022 at 12:50 PM, The Nal said:

Setlist has basically been the same for 20 years. We know what we're getting, just about.

Yup. Just looked at the Setlist from the only time I’ve previously seen him and it’s pretty similar, despite the time difference.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2022 at 2:58 PM, chazwwe said:

Lorde hasn't been confirmed as Other Headliner. 

I'll probably watch Haim, go get some drinks, pee break, bit of food and come back during Noels set, hopefully make way slowly into the pit. 

This is where I’m at…really wanted to catch Haim, Noel I’ve seen before and was great plus big Oasis fan and obviously Macca. Timings are going to be critical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah the Stones was busy but there was a surprising amount of room closer to the stage. The chair brigade near the front basically take up enough room for 3-4 standing people with each chair and a lot of them didnt stand up until just before the band came on.

Including the Karen who was tut tutting at people for standing around here.

That said, one girl in the group beside us went for pints during the Stones (we were in between the sound stage and pit) and she came back an hour later soaked with a tray of mostly empty pints. Think she took a direct route back from the cider bus, back to front of the field. An absolute cretin.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2022 at 3:14 PM, The Nal said:

Yeah the Stones was busy but there was a surprising amount of room closer to the stage. The chair brigade near the front basically take up enough room for 3-4 standing people with each chair and a lot of them didnt stand up until just before the band came on.

Including the Karen who was tut tutting at people for standing around here.

That said, one girl in the group beside us went for pints during the Stones (we were in between the sound stage and pit) and she came back an hour later soaked with a tray of mostly empty pints. Think she took a direct route back from the cider bus, back to front of the field. An absolute cretin.

I remember The Stones back in 2013, I think I watched about 3 bands to get a good spot, Elvis Costello, Primal Scream etc. but it was still pretty reasonable before them and you could get a good spot easily. I think I'm gonna risk it this year and try to get a good spot for Macca the last minutes. Let's see how we go. I'm not fussed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2022 at 3:14 PM, The Nal said:

Yeah the Stones was busy but there was a surprising amount of room closer to the stage. The chair brigade near the front basically take up enough room for 3-4 standing people with each chair and a lot of them didnt stand up until just before the band came on.

Including the Karen who was tut tutting at people for standing around here.

That said, one girl in the group beside us went for pints during the Stones (we were in between the sound stage and pit) and she came back an hour later soaked with a tray of mostly empty pints. Think she took a direct route back from the cider bus, back to front of the field. An absolute cretin.

Ha...I remember taking 2 pints with me and finding a spot close to the front during Elvis.  By the time the Scream had finished the pints had gone and there was little chance of getting out and back in so I held my bladder throughout the Stones.  Towards the end I must have been the only one on the Pyramid field thinking 'Hurry up Mick...you've played all the good ones now' 

😁😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a couple of listens to that spotify setlist.  Come On To Me, Mr Kite and Fuh You can Fuh Off.  Replace these with Come Together, We Can Work It Out and Jet and it's golden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Ha...I remember taking 2 pints with me and finding a spot close to the front during Elvis.  By the time the Scream had finished the pints had gone and there was little chance of getting out and back in so I held my bladder throughout the Stones.  Towards the end I must have been the only one on the Pyramid field thinking 'Hurry up Mick...you've played all the good ones now' 

😁😬

I was whizzing into volvic bottles but was producing more than 500ml so had to be careful. Didnt spill a drop mind you and the bottle was emptied in the longdrops later. Was chuffed with myself. Mrs Nal didnt even notice I did it. 

Think itll be the same for Macca but I may go for a bottle with slightly more girth and with more capacity. 

 

Anyway setlists, few odd choice early on. Juniors Farm and Letting Go are a weird 2nd and 3rd tunes. And Come on the Me early too. 

 

Edited by The Nal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Had a couple of listens to that spotify setlist.  Come On To Me, Mr Kite and Fuh You can Fuh Off.  Replace these with Come Together, We Can Work It Out and Jet and it's golden.

Doubt he'll do Come Together...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...