Paul McCartney

Demarcation

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Just get him back on El Pointo. He could do another 3 hours, not repeat a song and still give you the same bang for your buck.

Not many could do that, could they. (Not many could play for three hours on consecutive nights, play minimal crossover, and still have a slate of bangers. Springsteen, perhaps.)

18 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Petition starts here for them to simply add a stage next year where Paul McCartney can play whenever he wants, whatever he wants.

The McCartney stage, count me in.

Can it have its own camping?

14 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

How good was last Saturday? I fucking love “Band On The Run” with Sprinty Dave

It was a great version. Amazing to think that in just a few short minutes we were all throwing shapes to Glory Days with The Boss. I couldn’t believe my ears and eyes by then

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tell you what, at least the Eavii didn't pull the plug on them when they over-ran, unlike the lily-livered villains at Hard Rock Calling or whatever the fuck it was called.

Absolutely. Smart fella, that Michael Eavis.

I remember a few shared tours in my time. One of the most enjoyable shows for hits was Paul Simon and Sting's run together. They dropped in and out at various points - sometimes one, sometimes the other, sometimes both together.

What I would give to see Springsteen and McCartney do a solid two-and-a-half hours in companionship. No disrespect to the latter's long-term group on the road, but let's just airdrop McCartney into the E Street Band and go from there.

It was awesome. To me it seemed very personal to him, and because of that of it felt really personal to me as well, having been brought up on the Beatles since I was born. It was like he was sharing everything with me personally and not just doing the anticipated gig for the masses playing hit after hit of Beatles classics (although the last hour was incredible) I am not sure what others think, but it almost seemed like a farewell from him to me, I really felt the gig was aimed at me and me alone, corny I know but that is how I felt and still feel now. I play the first hour as much as a play the last. And unlike other legends it seemed like it was all Paul, there wasn't much support for him, deliberately so,  it was mainly Paul for the whole two and a half hours, he wasn't looking for the rest of the band to help him out at any point, he was putting it all out there himself, no hiding place, not bad for an 80 year old, he was saying this is me

An incredible gig, I am honoured to say I have seen a Beatle, one one who really gave everything, and to me personally. It blows my mind, I was so lucky to be there, still buzzing now

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There was a great moment in the crowd around me during Let Em In. A group a little way infront of me started doing this sort of.. dance move to the brass, at first it seemed as though to be imitating playing a trumpet, but eventually it became just leaning far forward and back again. It seemed others around them picked up on it, then I started doing it, when I glanced about, people on the other side of the repeaters we're doing it, others metres away to the other side, and behind too. Just a great wave of people seemingly just bowing back and forth toward our hero on stage 😅

I'm a bit gutted about having been on my own for the real pinnacle end of the show. I know I was there.. but it feels a shame not to be able to reminisce on that moment specifically with anyone. Instead of swaying along with anyone at the end of Hey Jude, I just flung my arms out and hurled my "na na na naa's" into the stars, which still felt very special... but I'm glad to have had those other fun bits, like Let Em In, where I really felt I was part of this very specific audience 🙂

• Upvote 1