Paul McCartney

Demarcation

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

God - the sound in the BBC recording is great. The brass sounds even better than it did in the field.

Those brass were stunning weren't they! Did someone say that until recently he'd used sampled brass? The real thing makes all the difference in the world!

1 hour ago, billum said:

Those brass were stunning weren't they! Did someone say that until recently he'd used sampled brass? The real thing makes all the difference in the world!

Or "brass" on the keyboards like he did in 04.

So rather annoyingly my Sky box didnt record this. Anyone know where its available?

Edited by The Nal

Macca obsessives on Facebook reckon the iplayer version has been remixed to rid of a couple of technical difficulties from the Saturday recording. Also includes Danger which was omitted.

Just watched it back and it sounds just as spectacular as I remember on Saturday. Up there with Blur 09 for me that was.

12 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Macca obsessives on Facebook reckon the iplayer version has been remixed to rid of a couple of technical difficulties from the Saturday recording. Also includes Danger which was omitted.

Just watched it back and it sounds just as spectacular as I remember on Saturday. Up there with Blur 09 for me that was.

This patching up of the mix is probably why it was so slow to appear

• Like 1

A moment I'll never ever forget.

I was just stood in awe for most of it, mouth hanging open. Didn't feel real, like some surreal dream.

Eyes filled up with tears during Blackbird when he was on that platform. Six hour stint in the front pit for him and Noel, and my God I'm glad I did. Beautiful 

9 hours ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

According to Glasto Chat on FB it was hypothermia - poor girl had been there all day and ended up in medical tent for the set. Heartbreaking.

Particularly as I was roasting hot in that crowd.

Oof, reminds me of a Reading a couple of decades ago where a couple of guys in our group were only there for Metallica headlining the Sunday. Barely saw anything on Friday and Saturday, right down by the barrier for most of Sunday just waiting, one of them got knocked out in the pit two minutes in and the other spent the evening with him in the first aid tent. 

5 minutes ago, catavento said:

Oof, reminds me of a Reading a couple of decades ago where a couple of guys in our group were only there for Metallica headlining the Sunday. Barely saw anything on Friday and Saturday, right down by the barrier for most of Sunday just waiting, one of them got knocked out in the pit two minutes in and the other spent the evening with him in the first aid tent. 

Well, that’s sad. 

but true 

. . . I’m so sorry, I had to! 

• Like 1

I may be getting a little obsessed.

I have watched IPlayer and will almost certainly watch it again in the next few days.  Downloaded the playlist. Was singing New in my head all day at work.  In the pub tonight a little folk gathering started playing a Beatles song (sorry, can't remember which one) and I yelped "Paul McCartney" and the barman said, "yeah not Glastonbury I'm afraid" so I told him I was there (of course, not that I've mentioned it at all today ) and he kept saying how jealous he was.

I will try the get-iplayer app but admit I have googled it and am flummoxed at the moment.

p.s. loved the drummer!