Paul McCartney

Demarcation

Superb! Up there with when I watched Bowie in 2000.

I hope the whole set is on BBC. Going to get it running though the hi-fi later. 

(as an aside - anyway of recording any of the Glastonbury stuff if you don’t have a video or whatever they’re called today? I have a laptop). 

12 hours ago, catavento said:

I was wondering if the attention span thing came into it too. People sack it off halfway through because the headliner isn't playing the stuff they're bound to be saving for the last half hour.

I forgave him everything (even Mr Kite, which I can't bear) apart from the inclusion of Fuh You. That's four minutes he could have been spending doing absolutely anything else. Another anecdote, anything.

Same as you with both them songs actually 😆 Some US shows got We can work it out instead of Mr.Kite which I would infinitely have preferred

1 minute ago, PassingCloud said:

Superb! Up there with when I watched Bowie in 2000.

I hope the whole set is on BBC. Going to get it running though the hi-fi later. 

(as an aside - anyway of recording any of the Glastonbury stuff if you don’t have a video or whatever they’re called today? I have a laptop). 

Search for the get_Iplayer app. A thing of absolute wonder.

18 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Was just in front of us in the pit - couldn't see exactly but lots of people waving and pointing to someone - sounded like someone passed out. Stewards came in from the pit barrier and was all good I think. 

Hopefully nothing serious then unlike that ketamine overdose at Adele.

15 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I don't suppose anyone has ever had any joy in getting the recording of the big screens?

I managed to make it on to the big screen a couple of times in Hey Jude (in my SGT Peppers costume). 

Didn't make the cut on BBC so it would be a shame to never see it again!

BBC deffo showed a few dudes in Pepper costumes at the front

21 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I don't suppose anyone has ever had any joy in getting the recording of the big screens?

I managed to make it on to the big screen a couple of times in Hey Jude (in my SGT Peppers costume). 

Didn't make the cut on BBC so it would be a shame to never see it again!

Username checks out 🤣

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mazola said:

Has overtaken Blur as my favourite gig. My 21 year old daughter came with us this year, she's a massive Beatles fan and we both burst in to tears and hugged the second can't buy me love started. I'm welling up now just thinking about it. We were about halfway between the sound desk and the right hand screen, the atmosphere round us was incredible. 

Feeling that. Never thought I’d experience that 2009 Blur emotion again but that was spiritual 

22 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Is it unfair to say his choice for the set list was appallingly poor ?

Diana Ross showed him how its done with her set list choices.  Extremely good mixture of banger after banger from her past and good choices from her new album.

It was terribly boring for at least an hour and slowly got better.   Most people accept this...

Talk of it being the best headliner ever is just utterly bizzar to me - not even close 😛   How can you produce something so dull for most your set and still be called incredible.  No one else would get away with it.

For context I agree he was amazing for 80, and he is an all time great - but as a show - only the last 45 mins I think was worthy of his stature.

Paul left The Beatles when he was 29 mate. He played for me a near perfect set list from his entire careers back catalog. If you aren’t a real fan of Paul’s post Beatles stuff (51 years of his career) then that’s on you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Was just in front of us in the pit - couldn't see exactly but lots of people waving and pointing to someone - sounded like someone passed out. Stewards came in from the pit barrier and was all good I think. 

You must have been right behind us - that’s exactly right (we were on the right hand barrier).

It happened a few times. 

Hopefully all good. 

8 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

You must have been right behind us - that’s exactly right (we were on the right hand barrier).

It happened a few times. 

Hopefully all good. 

According to Glasto Chat on FB it was hypothermia - poor girl had been there all day and ended up in medical tent for the set. Heartbreaking.

Particularly as I was roasting hot in that crowd.

Paul's solo guitar playing in the Hendrix Tribute was so good. 

Now goes down as the greatest set I've ever seen.

Springsteen and Grohl looked sheepish up there with the great man 

I thought 1985 smoked and everything worked on the night, even the Johnny Depp / Natalie Portman thing.

What a legend.

Even his patter:

" ...and Eric said, No, tune it yourself"

Felt like he was talking to you in the corner of a pub.

11 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

According to Glasto Chat on FB it was hypothermia - poor girl had been there all day and ended up in medical tent for the set. Heartbreaking.

Particularly as I was roasting hot in that crowd.

Yeah - it wasn't particularly nippy.  Maybe someone misheard (diabetic) hypoglycaemia?

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

What was the drama in the crowd he referred to?

Some guy (apparently related to some ex-Kid Creole Coconut) had an adverse reaction to some shrooms and had to be carried through the crowd to the front - he looked very spaced out, but it was all handled very efficiently

My mates further back were totally unaware of us at the front singing happy birthday to Macca just after Junior's Farm, and just thought that Macca standing there quietly for it was him having a 'senior moment' 😆