Paul McCartney

Demarcation

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Still trying to process what I saw on Saturday. 

Got into the pit after AJ Tracey and managed to get 3 rows back, centre stage. Legs were absolutely fucked at the end of it all! Crowd around me ranged from ages 16-70 - all were great people to be around and belted out every word.

I absolutely loved his attitude towards his song choices. He’s still writing and releasing music - why shouldn’t he put newer stuff in his setlists?

Some folk had raised doubts about his voice, but he sounded fucking amazing in the field. Cried when he played Blackbird (couldn’t quite believe he was literally feet away from me). Cried again during Let It Be. 

Home now and feeling emotional. Really don’t think I’ve got it in me to watch the recording yet, will be in absolute bits.

The greatest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Aside from Mozart reforming, I don’t think it will ever be topped. 

Totally agree on the age thing! We were surrounded by such a wide range of people, it was really great to see. We were by a group of what must have late teen/early 20s kids and a couple of the lads clearly were mega fans, but they seemed to have their girlfriends there who didn’t seem to know many of the tunes, but didn’t stop dancing all night. It was amazing to see. 

Sorry if you’ve seen me post this elsewhere - but I was a Beatles die-hard since my teens and have seen Macca around the world but I stayed at the Pyramid barrier at front from Easy Life onwards so I could capture these shots

Agree that first half of setlist wasn’t really a Greatest Hits set by any means - but he made up for it with second half!

76B24329-ECD4-40C7-ADA2-7A0C1BAAFC75.jpeg

E4098FB6-AA04-4252-9864-E746752E4100.jpeg

2E021034-4DD9-4617-AEE2-2285537E2FA5.jpeg

62F99FAE-5FAD-4C44-9506-521881D4E034.jpeg

D4659B47-66B6-466C-B9F0-F7C152616891.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

Totally agree on the age thing! We were surrounded by such a wide range of people, it was really great to see. We were by a group of what must have late teen/early 20s kids and a couple of the lads clearly were mega fans, but they seemed to have their girlfriends there who didn’t seem to know many of the tunes, but didn’t stop dancing all night. It was amazing to see. 

Similar to my experience - all the “youngsters” were dancing away all night and a great laugh to be around.

Definitely the best crowd I’ve been a part of at the Pyramid 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think I levitated into orbit.

Did you know he was there or was it a total surprise? I’d not seen the leak go around but we overheard someone say they’d heard he was there, and I just wrote it off as standard Glastonbury rumour bullshit. About cacked myself when Macca said “east coast”

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Did you know he was there or was it a total surprise? I’d not seen the leak go around but we overheard someone say they’d heard he was there, and I just wrote it off as standard Glastonbury rumour bullshit. About cacked myself when Macca said “east coast”

Same, could not believe it! BROOOCE!!

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Hadn't heard the whiff of a rumour - our collective pennies dropped at exactly that same point.

I enjoyed the night but only really got hyped for the last hour. Found myself getting bored until Bruce and Dave Grohl arrived . Waited for the live and let die moment which was amazing and of course hey Jude. I wanted more Beatles stuff but i know thats just me. Wanted some stuff from Revolver and Rubber Sole. Really funny moment when going to the mens toilet right at the back. He started playing Love me do. Everyone in the queue and whilst doing their business singing along 😁

39 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm 24 and witnessed pretty much my dream gig experience. I did exactly the same thing getting in there for the end of AJ and got 3 rows from the front. Bruce and Dave were amazing. Paul was amazing. That set is gonna get talked about in 100 years time.

I just tried to watch Let it Be back on iPlayer and I started bawling my eyes out ten seconds in. By the end I was an absolute mess.

That was one of the most spiritual and beautiful three hours of my life. I’m going to get goosebumps every time anyone mentions it for the rest of my life. Never thought I’d see a Pyramid set that topped Blur 2009 for sheer emotion but I think that might have done it…

Edited by foolsgold1981

Was disappointed overall like most of the crowd seemed to be, people leaving and talking near through all of it, a small handfull of classics thrown in would of kept peoples attenion more, could barely hear him talking between songs over the crowd talking with disinterest in the set, brilliant finish though.

I hadn't heard the rumour at all, and a friend had seen Chris Martin backstage so when he said there was a second surprise, I thought I knew who it would be (and my expectations were set accordingly).

When he said "east coast" I didn't even click then.

When he said "from New Jersey".. I lost it. I just lost it. I was on my own, and I had a little breakdown. Crying. Shaking. The whole shebang. I had so many messages come through (once I had signal again) from family and friends at home wanting to check I hadn't just flat out expired.

I have been surprise-guest-appearanced by Bruce twice now. Once was at a Gaslight Anthem show in Asbury Park, NJ. That was a shock but not out-of-the-realm-of-possibility insane.

This took the cake.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I hadn't heard the rumour at all, and a friend had seen Chris Martin backstage so when he said there was a second surprise, I thought I knew who it would be (and my expectations were set accordingly).

When he said "east coast" I didn't even click then.

When he said "from New Jersey".. I lost it. I just lost it. I was on my own, and I had a little breakdown. Crying. Shaking. The whole shebang. I had so many messages come through (once I had signal again) from family and friends at home wanting to check I hadn't just flat out expired.

I have been surprise-guest-appearanced by Bruce twice now. Once was at a Gaslight Anthem show in Asbury Park, NJ. That was a shock but not out-of-the-realm-of-possibility insane.

This took the cake.

Christ, bet that was fucking good. Can’t imagine what the crowd was like for that!

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Friend of a friend works on the pyramid. He didn't know. And he usually would. Very few people were in the know