Paul McCartney

Demarcation

34 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Imagine having written Eleanor Rigby, Penny Lane, The Long and Winding Road, Yesterday, The Fool On The Hill, For No One, Paperback Writer, Drive My Car and many countless others I’m missing…and having no place for them on your current tour?

This guy is pretty good, I reckon.

I like the set for this tour but I'd take out a bunch of his solo stuff for Eleanor, Yesterday and a day in the life.

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I like the set for this tour but I'd take out a bunch of his solo stuff for Eleanor, Yesterday and a day in the life.

He hardly ever plays Yesterday. 😢

Although to be fair if he plays it this year the whole crowd would become a blubbering wreck! 

Added a couple of songs. Taken off some. Made the start a little better.  32 songs, 5 less than his current tour. He's doing 2 hours 15, he's been playing for a good 2 hours 35-38 minutes. Even left Fuh You in for him. Remove that, add Penny Lane/Long and Winding Road.

Edit: Missed We Can Work It Out. Bloke has too many songs. 

Love Me Do > onwards is non stop. 

Can't Buy Me Love
Eleanor Rigby
Letting Go
Got to Get You Into My Life
All My Loving
Let Me Roll It
Getting Better
My Valentine
Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five
Maybe I'm Amazed
I've Just Seen a Face
In Spite of All the Danger
Love Me Do
Blackbird
Lady Madonna
Fuh You
Jet
Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
Something
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
Get Back
Band on the Run
Let It Be
Live and Let Die
Hey Jude

Encore:

Yesterday
I've Got a Feeling
Helter Skelter
Golden Slumbers
Carry That Weight
The End

Edited by chazwwe
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

I think he should cover an Oasis track. As for 'new material' to be fair is a bit on the late side for that isn't it?

But which track?

Dont think Noel will play the masterplan or she's electric (that had the nod to with a little help.. at the end). Would love him to but can't see it personally 

1 minute ago, plaskins said:

Maybe Noel comes back on to play a song with him, that would be pretty out of this world really.. so won't happen

My far away hope is he comes out to do A Day In The Life. My other one is having Ringo on drums during the I've Got A Feeling 'moment'.

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2022 at 7:24 PM, Pinhead said:

Who saw Mc Cartney in 2004 here?

Yup, first Glasto. Missed 2005, but been going ever since.

Remember walking away from Pyramid stage and the na na na nas just ringing out from everywhere as people dissipated around the site off to Lost Vagueness and the like. That happened right? I'm not doing some Mandela effect thing here am I?

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Obvious question, will we get someone as massive as that? He was in NJ so unlikely to be him. Would Taylor do it or not?

Literally no way of us knowing until it does/doesn’t happen, but I suspect he’ll bring somebody out given the occasion. Who is another guess entirely as I think Bruce has been his only guest thus far this tour and most likely because he was in the area.

8 hours ago, seebee71 said:

Yup, first Glasto. Missed 2005, but been going ever since.

Remember walking away from Pyramid stage and the na na na nas just ringing out from everywhere as people dissipated around the site off to Lost Vagueness and the like. That happened right? I'm not doing some Mandela effect thing here am I?

That happened. The na na nas lasted long into the night!