Paul McCartney

Demarcation

Hey Jude is very much one of those songs that I’ll actively avoid ever having to listen to if I can help it as it’s just so overplayed, but I’ve had the Macca setlist playlist on a fair bit lately so have temporarily given in to my avoidance and just imagining the finale belted out across the Pyramid field and me being in the crowd gives me goosebumps every time it’s on. I look forward to not listening to it again for a long time (maybe except set replays on the BBC..) but for now, those na-na-na’s are pure heaven to me. Can’t bloody wait for this, finally! 

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's one of my favourite Beatles songs and it's over-played the same way that Stairway To Heaven is i.e. not that much these day.

I wasn't around when Stairway was out and my old man wasn't big on Zep so it's not overplayed for me. 

I can take or leave Hey Jude but I'll be singing along very loudly in 9 days. 

2 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Imagine having written Eleanor Rigby, Penny Lane, The Long and Winding Road, Yesterday, The Fool On The Hill, For No One, Paperback Writer, Drive My Car and many countless others I’m missing…and having no place for them on your current tour?

This guy is pretty good, I reckon.

We may get a few of the first 4

2 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Imagine having written Eleanor Rigby, Penny Lane, The Long and Winding Road, Yesterday, The Fool On The Hill, For No One, Paperback Writer, Drive My Car and many countless others I’m missing…and having no place for them on your current tour?

Although now that you’ve mentioned all those songs it just makes me think of how good the set would be if he did play them.

1 minute ago, The Red Telephone said:

I can understand him wanting to play newer material, but you're right. He used to rotate his songs fairly regularly on various tours, but it seems, with a few exceptions fairly static. I wish he'd try other non-Beatles songs too - the likes of Junior's Farm, Let Me Roll It are always in, seemingly. Would love to see him do maybe something different like Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey.

But it's nit-picking. It'll be amazing whatever.