Paul McCartney

Demarcation

No judgement, each to their own.  But as soon as his name was on the team sheet it was my single absolute do not miss of 2010 and was as amazing as I expected.  Realise it's my perspective, but that's the only one I have!

We could hear Levs after he finished and did have a moment of “damn, wish we were there….”, but we went to BDs and that was that itch scratched a few weeks later. Wish they would come back to G though, their Leftfield 2008 (I think) was great, couldn’t get in the tent, and got rained on, but it was great 🙂

1 hour ago, waterfalls21234 said:

There are lots of artists who will never be seen again likely....doesn't mean I'd make a huge effort to see them above anyone else, I was never a massive Beatles fan anyway. It meant something to me seeing motorhead the year they were at the fest as they were one of my favourite bands and it was shortly before Lemmy passed but I'm not gonna see macca if I'm not a massive fan anyway just because of his name....never got that attitude....lots of artists are 'legends' doesn't mean we all have to be fans or see them if given the chance just because of that.

I get this, i wont be at DiRo for the same reason.

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yes, no, maybe. Who knows?  If you're an Ash fan and you had an absolute blast, that's no error right?

If you were 50/50 and went for Ash, had a mediocre time and realised how much fun you missed at Stevie, then yep fine.

For my part I had an absolute ball in the Glade. The crowd that was there really really wanted to be there. Ridiculously partisan, even by Levs standards. They played some rarities I'd never heard them play live before or since. I came out of that set absolutely drenched with the biggest grin on my face. Still one of my all time highlights.

I love Stevie and would have had great fun, and yeah it's a slight regret not seeing him because it was Stevie Wonder. But I also remember exactly how much fun I had elsewhere!

Levs are your favourite band so I totally get that. It always amazes me that someone I know missed seeing Stevie Wonder to go and watch Orbital just because that's what all her group were doing and Stevie Wonder is her favourite artist of all time and to this day she has never managed to see him. That I find crazy. I would absolutely go and do my own thing to see my favourite ever act (especially if it cost a lot to see them normally) 

1 hour ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Haha defo best for both....I'm gonna also love the fact a lot of the site 'will' be at macca as it means those like me who want to will be able to start their Saturday night hassle free getting down the se corner without a crush. 

Saturday night no crush? 

Good luck with that 😊

28 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yes, no, maybe. Who knows?  If you're an Ash fan and you had an absolute blast, that's no error right?

If you were 50/50 and went for Ash, had a mediocre time and realised how much fun you missed at Stevie, then yep fine.

For my part I had an absolute ball in the Glade. The crowd that was there really really wanted to be there. Ridiculously partisan, even by Levs standards. They played some rarities I'd never heard them play live before or since. I came out of that set absolutely drenched with the biggest grin on my face. Still one of my all time highlights.

I love Stevie and would have had great fun, and yeah it's a slight regret not seeing him because it was Stevie Wonder. But I also remember exactly how much fun I had elsewhere!

That's the magic of Glastonbury. I've missed huge names on the Pyramid before and had a blast at the shows I attended. Nothing wrong with binning off a legend to see someone else you really enjoy.

26 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

No judgement, each to their own.  But as soon as his name was on the team sheet it was my single absolute do not miss of 2010 and was as amazing as I expected.  Realise it's my perspective, but that's the only one I have!

100%, no critique of anyone wanting to see Stevie at all! And if it's straight to the top of your list, even more so. But clearly you wanted to go, and didn't go just because you felt you "should" 🙂

10 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Levs are your favourite band so I totally get that. It always amazes me that someone I know missed seeing Stevie Wonder to go and watch Orbital just because that's what all her group were doing and Stevie Wonder is her favourite artist of all time and to this day she has never managed to see him. That I find crazy. I would absolutely go and do my own thing to see my favourite ever act (especially if it cost a lot to see them normally) 

Yeah that's nuts. But at the same time the flip side is that there's a lot to be said for doing things as a group at Glastonbury!

28 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

We could hear Levs after he finished and did have a moment of “damn, wish we were there….”, but we went to BDs and that was that itch scratched a few weeks later. Wish they would come back to G though, their Leftfield 2008 (I think) was great, couldn’t get in the tent, and got rained on, but it was great 🙂

Seen them many times and that remains the only time I've seen them do 100 Years of Solitude live. I absolutely, and cannot stress this enough, lost my shit at that point 😂

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yeah that's nuts. But at the same time the flip side is that there's a lot to be said for doing things as a group at Glastonbury!

I hate large groups when you are trying to actually do stuff so it's a nope from me. I also think when your favourite act is someone who rarely plays then if you are going to insist on being in a group the group should have gone with her. I mean Orbital appear regularly but Stevie Wonder was always going to be a once and done. 

Just now, gigpusher said:

I hate large groups when you are trying to actually do stuff so it's a nope from me. I also think when your favourite act is someone who rarely plays then if you are going to insist on being in a group the group should have gone with her. I mean Orbital appear regularly but Stevie Wonder was always going to be a once and done. 

True. For a one shot only chance, that is crazy!

34 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

This story makes me sad. Gotta do what you gotta do, regardless of the group mentality. You can meet up afterwards if needed, but see who you want to see. I've seen and will be seeing loads of acts on my own. The festival is too short for compromise on such things.

I'm glad that people want to see other acts across the fest at headline time. I often wonder what it's like to be in the audience (and indeed to perform) at one of the smaller stages when it's headliner time. I had great time at Dead Kennedys on Truth when most of the fest was at Foo Fighters. What's it like on the Mandala stage at 10pm on a Saturday though? Someday I'll find out, but not this year.

19 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

You didn't read the post did you? I meant if you get down there while maccas on you will avoid the crush of people trying to get down there after

I read it, just thought on a Saturday after 3 years break it's a tad optimistic. 

1 hour ago, matichin said:

This story makes me sad. Gotta do what you gotta do, regardless of the group mentality. You can meet up afterwards if needed, but see who you want to see. I've seen and will be seeing loads of acts on my own. The festival is too short for compromise on such things.

I'm glad that people want to see other acts across the fest at headline time. I often wonder what it's like to be in the audience (and indeed to perform) at one of the smaller stages when it's headliner time. I had great time at Dead Kennedys on Truth when most of the fest was at Foo Fighters. What's it like on the Mandala stage at 10pm on a Saturday though? Someday I'll find out, but not this year.

I did this for Metallica when they headlined...ditched our group totally as I'm the only metal fan among them and got pissed in by rain while waiting but totally worth it to be down the front for one of my favourite bands on the pyramid.....probably my favourite Glastonbury memory in fact. You can't follow the group all the time at this fest or you'll miss so much 

31 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

I did this for Metallica when they headlined...ditched our group totally as I'm the only metal fan among them and got pissed in by rain while waiting but totally worth it to be down the front for one of my favourite bands on the pyramid.....probably my favourite Glastonbury memory in fact. You can't follow the group all the time at this fest or you'll miss so much 

I did the same, everyone went off somewhere but I hit the Pyramid and by the time Fade to Black kicked in a few songs in I knew I was in the right place. Banging.

53 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

*logs in to 2 pages of discussion on my 2010 Sunday night choice*

Anyway, at least with Ash you know you're not getting fucking I Just Called To Say I Love You.

That's a strong case for the defence.

• Like 1