Paul McCartney

Demarcation

2 hours ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Absolutely.  When you've got 100,000 people on backing vocals no-one will care if he's note perfect.  Sure, people who aren't there watching at home will be texting you to tell you how rough it is but you'll be having the time of your life and not give a single shit.

It’ll be like the Stones again. I had mates texting me going ‘oh they sounded awful’ but I had an absolutely brilliant time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I never really buy into the argument, "oh his/her voice has gone".

For me it's always about the original person singing his/her original songs, watching a legend deliver a performance to the best of their ability, knowing that you might never have that chance to see that person again.

Sure, his voice might not be as strong as it was when he was 30, but that's just one fraction of the whole event. The atmosphere, the chat between songs, the singalongs, the fact that you're watching someone who has brought so much joy to the world through their music. If you want pitch perfect songs - of any performer - then go listen to a CD on surround sound. And I'm not even a Beatles fan really. Other singers don't necessarily sound great live compared to their studio cuts.

Paul McCartney will be great, just like Dolly and Barry Gibb were, and Diana Ross will be on Sunday afternoon. 

Hard agree. I have heard it from a bunch of people who aren't even going.

"Nah, his voice has gone."

1. It hasn't

2. So what. He's a fucking BEATLE.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

1. It hasn't

I wonder if people who aren't going just say that as a mechanism for fear of missing out or something, I've heard it too from people who aren't attending.

It's a real life Beatle!

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

1. It hasn't

Last chance for most of us I’d say. Can’t miss the opportunity to see possibly the greatest songwriter in history. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 2:37 PM, clarkete said:

Presumably this setlist is what he's leading up to playing on the farm? 

I'm sure one of you has been keeping a closer eye. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2022/sofi-stadium-inglewood-ca-5bb7d3c8.html

So fucking happy to see Helter Skelter on this list and the ‘Get Back’ tour playlist. 

Even with McCartney's back catalogue, Helter Skelter would have to be one of the first 5 or 10 on the sheet for a gig surely?  Mind you I'd say the same about Jet and that seems to have been dropped this time round.  Yet he's persisting with Fuh You and Come On To Me.  Mind boggles.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, OCarter said:

Jet was back in the main setlist last night!

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 10.02.35.png

S01E01-JvUVRa2s-subtitled.jpeg

It's nice that he's leaving in Fuh You so people can go for a piss. Apart from that, the whole run from Lady Madonna... man alive, it's going to be incredible.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think it'll be a set that long. At most I'd expect 29/30 songs.

Did 33 in 2004. Not sure how long he’s played for during these American shows but I imagine it’ll be around 2 hours 30, so if you cut off 15 minutes/3-4 songs then I we’ll probably be getting about 33 songs this time too.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Did 33 in 2004. Not sure how long he’s played for during these American shows but I imagine it’ll be around 2 hours 30, so if you cut off 15 minutes/3-4 songs then I we’ll probably be getting about 33 songs this time too.

He also only did 29 at Hyde Park in 2010 and he can dictate a bit more how time time he gets. I think he's playing longer than 2.5hours if he's doing 37 -39 songs. He played for 2hrs 45 when i saw him.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

He also only did 29 at Hyde Park in 2010 and he can dictate a bit more how time time he gets. I think he's playing longer than 2.5hours if he's doing 37 -39 songs. He played for 2hrs 45 when i saw him.

He did 29 songs at IOW in 2010. I’m guessing we’ll get something like that. His festival setlists tend to be shorter than his regular shows

Edited by henry bear

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Will be turning up to him around half way through so I should only get Beatles stuff, even that I'm not too familiar with

Just bear in mind they might close the field before then if the field gets rammed, like they did for the Rolling Stones and Dolly Parton.

2 minutes ago, doogie said:

Just bear in mind they might close the field before then if the field gets rammed, like they did for the Rolling Stones and Dolly Parton.

The irony being theres always lots of room up behind the pit once those selfish cretins with the chairs finally decide to stand up

4 minutes ago, doogie said:

Did they close off the Pyramid field for those two? Don’t remember hearing about that.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

The irony being theres always lots of room up behind the pit once those selfish cretins with the chairs finally decide to stand up

Gonna be turning up midway through Noel and this will be where I’ll hopefully be heading. People always give up on the outskirts but if you’re persistent enough there’s always a lovely pocket of space in there. 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Gonna be turning up midway through Noel and this will be where I’ll hopefully be heading. People always give up on the outskirts but if you’re persistent enough there’s always a lovely pocket of space in there. 

Yeah did the same for the Stones. And ended up much closer than where we started watching the show. 

Some woman sat on her chair tutting at people and mouthing "this is ridiculous" under her breath when it started getting busy around her 2 minutes before they came on!

She was like this

Edited by The Nal