Paul McCartney

Demarcation

Still undecided on McCartney. Saw him in 2011 in the gods, and it was ok - wasn't the most memorable gig. There's only a couple of songs in the current setlist that inspire a real 'yeah, I want to be there for that' moment. If he bust out something like Tomorrow Never Knows, For No One, or She's So Heavy I would be there with bells on. I watched the documentary recently to try and get some juices flowing, but that didn't do much for me. 

Considering arriving for the second half of the set, but that would probably mean missing 1985. I guess I'll see what the alternatives are on the day.

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

This might have been asked but are we likely to see the setlist tweaked for a festival crowd at all, and what could change if it was?

I don't think it'll change much - his setlist has stayed much the same for a long time. If anything it'll be 4 or 5 songs shorter than his own shows, but with the chance of something out of the ordinary - special guests, or a one-off performance of something like Mull of Kintyre.

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mull of Kintyre would be a showstopper- just the right level of daftness but with a singalong hook you could catch a blue whale with.  An 'I was there' moment.....

Amazing really that a song that sat at #1 in the UK singles chart for 9 weeks, was the UK's biggest selling single until Band Aid, and remains the UK's biggest selling non-charity single, is so rarely performed live.

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Amazing really that a song that sat at #1 in the UK singles chart for 9 weeks, was the UK's biggest selling single until Band Aid, and remains the UK's biggest selling non-charity single, is so rarely performed live.

Big production needed!

4 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Probably cos punk arrived right around the same time it was released and it immediately became a bit of a punchline.

Or cos it needs bagpipes.

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Big production needed!

I saw him do it in Liverpool after previously being a sceptic about the song but it was great. At Glastonbury it would be incredible. Getting emosh just thinking about it.

41 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably cos punk arrived right around the same time it was released and it immediately became a bit of a punchline.

Or cos it needs bagpipes.

Fuck bagpipes.  Sound like an adenoidal cat drowning.  Hate them.

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

I don't think it'll change much - his setlist has stayed much the same for a long time. If anything it'll be 4 or 5 songs shorter than his own shows, but with the chance of something out of the ordinary - special guests, or a one-off performance of something like Mull of Kintyre.

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mull of Kintyre would be a showstopper- just the right level of daftness but with a singalong hook you could catch a blue whale with.  An 'I was there' moment.....

Frog song would be a showstopper. lol

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

This might have been asked but are we likely to see the setlist tweaked for a festival crowd at all, and what could change if it was?

I think the only tweaks will be depending on what/if any guests he has during the set.