Paul McCartney

Demarcation

5 hours ago, henry bear said:

I think there’s the prospect of one or two surprises at Glastonbury - maybe something like Mull of Kintyre, but on the whole it’ll be a slightly shortened version of the current set. 

Whatever we get, it’ll be party central

I would LOVE to hear Mull of Kintyre! 

6 hours ago, henry bear said:

It’s a shame to think of all the bangers he doesn’t do live anymore, and the likes of Coming Up and Jet were once pretty much guaranteed - but for whatever reason not anymore.

I had hoped that given the gap between tours, he’d have given the setlist a big shake-up, but apart from a few surprises, it’s pretty much as was.

I think there’s the prospect of one or two surprises at Glastonbury - maybe something like Mull of Kintyre, but on the whole it’ll be a slightly shortened version of the current set. 

According to setlist.fm, he's performed Mull of Kintyre 34 times over the past 30 years, making it unlikely, but not entirely outlandish. It would only be acceptable if it culminates in a full bagpipe band marching through the centre of the Pyramid crowd and onto the stage.

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/paul-mccartney-13d6bd15.html

10 minutes ago, GregsyA said:

According to setlist.fm, he's performed Mull of Kintyre 34 times over the past 30 years, making it unlikely, but not entirely outlandish. It would only be acceptable if it culminates in a full bagpipe band marching through the centre of the Pyramid crowd and onto the stage.

I've never looked at his stats before.  It's wild to me that songs like Revolution and When I'm 64 have only been performed once! 

7 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

I've never looked at his stats before.  It's wild to me that songs like Revolution and When I'm 64 have only been performed once! 

When I’m Sixty-Four is a surprising one (although hardly the crowning jewel of Sgt Peppers) but not too surprising that he doesn’t often play Lennon-written/sung songs when he’s got so many of his own to choose from. He seems to be pretty particular about the Lennon songs he covers when/if he ever does. 

26 minutes ago, GregsyA said:

Would be very fitting were forest to rightfully return to the premier league in a few weeks.

u reds

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

When I’m Sixty-Four is a surprising one (although hardly the crowning jewel of Sgt Peppers) but not too surprising that he doesn’t often play Lennon-written/sung songs when he’s got so many of his own to choose from. He seems to be pretty particular about the Lennon songs he covers when/if he ever does. 

When Im sixty four was written and sung by Paul? When he was a teenager. 

8 hours ago, henry bear said:

It’s a shame to think of all the bangers he doesn’t do live anymore, and the likes of Coming Up and Jet were once pretty much guaranteed - but for whatever reason not anymore.

I had hoped that given the gap between tours, he’d have given the setlist a big shake-up, but apart from a few surprises, it’s pretty much as was.

He doesn't play Jet? We riot.

1 hour ago, sam1981 said:

This is the song that sticks in my mind from that gig. Purely for the fireworks. 😁

Same. Just looked at Setlist from the other day, it’s far enough in that I should be at the back of the field after the Waterboys to see it! This is going to take some timing and discipline to pull off!!

Live & Let Die with the kind of pyro’s they can do these days is bound to be a highlight 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 8:10 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Saw him pull that out at Hampden back in 2010.

Yeah he did it at Liverpool arena in 2011 as well. As well as Wonderful Christmastime with a full children's choir from LIPA because it was December 20th. setlist.fm reminds me that there were ten songs in the encore that night which is maybe a Bit Much. 

For some reason I'm not quite sure about, I had not mentally committed to seeing him.  Thinking about the latest lineup releases had me pondering it a bit more. Then I checked out the setlist from Sunday:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2022/oakland-arena-oakland-ca-73b78219.html

I know there are no big surprises in there and also that there are bound to be some changes. But it was surprisingly emotional just reading that list... and I'm now sure I'll have to be there. 'Moment' incoming I think. 

24 minutes ago, marktea said:

For some reason I'm not quite sure about, I had not mentally committed to seeing him.  Thinking about the latest lineup releases had me pondering it a bit more. Then I checked out the setlist from Sunday:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2022/oakland-arena-oakland-ca-73b78219.html

I know there are no big surprises in there and also that there are bound to be some changes. But it was surprisingly emotional just reading that list... and I'm now sure I'll have to be there. 'Moment' incoming I think. 

Really annoys me on Setlist FM when solo artist's stuff from previous bands are categorised as "covers".

The mofo wrote Let It Be, he isn't covering it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Really annoys me on Setlist FM when solo artist's stuff from previous bands are categorised as "covers".

Yup, this is crazy. There's a lot to like about it and the quick links to video clips are good but if anyone is going to make them look a bit foolish on the 'cover' thing, its Macca. 

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

While I generally agree - it does amuse me when a Queen + whoever setlist is shown as 100% covers..