Paul McCartney

Demarcation

Noel is setlist dependent for me. Would much prefer some of his recent solo stuff which has been good. But realistically if I want a decent spot for Sir Paul unless his entire setlist is cribbed from 1997-2009 Oasis that’ll do nicely. Another good singalong.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I got in the pit for The Stones after Primal Scream had finished, it was cozy but doable, reckon it will be the same for Macca.

Same.....maybe a wee bit less busy.

Just with also being in place for Haim there really isnt much time to do much else.  Just a piss break and a bar visit.

11 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Noel is setlist dependent for me. Would much prefer some of his recent solo stuff which has been good. But realistically if I want a decent spot for Sir Paul unless his entire setlist is cribbed from 1997-2009 Oasis that’ll do nicely. Another good singalong.

It's usually about half and half for Noel. Wonder if he'll do his All You Need Is Love cover? 

16 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Last time I saw Noel this was the setlist.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds/2019/london-palladium-london-england-5b90ef5c.html

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

Dunno, setlist.fm suggests Macca's only ever played it three times... 

It's known as a John song which is probably why he never plays it. But with someone else doing the John parts, it could be pretty special.

Then again when you've already got Let It Be and Hey Jude in your arsenal do you need another massive singalong?

7 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

All this talk of staying in one spot for hours. Don't you people need the bar or toilet? 

I want a good spot for Paul but no way am I standing around for hours without a bar or toilet trip! 

Stay off the pints. If I know I'm going to be there a while, I'll just drink wine. As long as I don't go mad I'm fine.

8 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

All this talk of staying in one spot for hours. Don't you people need the bar or toilet? 

I want a good spot for Paul but no way am I standing around for hours without a bar or toilet trip! 

yeah I'm pretty confident of a non-pit decent spot with toilet and bar trips in the gaps. Also not out the question they do something similar to last time out - it went Johnny Marr (Other), Liam Gallagher (Pyramid), Courteeners (Other), Killers (Pyramid) and it was possible to watch all if you were quick about it, which we did though I wouldn't do that again as it was a bit tough getting back in for The Killers. If someone is put on the Other that would take the fancy of Noel/Mccartney fans I could see a bit more churn. Just hope its not Sam Fender. 

7 minutes ago, CurrySauce said:

Trying to work out what to do timing wise. Not sure i fancy the 5 hour stint but also want a decent spot. I'm assuming atmosphere wise it's gonna be good pretty much wherever, is there a point where the sound becomes worse or you just feel too far from the action?

The more hardcore fans and better atmosphere will always be in the pit … sound is pretty consistently good these days I would say …. I’ll just arrive before people leave after Noel , there will always be some crowd turnover then 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As wth the people who left the Stones crowd after Primal Scream finished, it's a special type of individual who's gung ho for Noel but wants no part of Macca.

Although if and it's a big if clashfinder is accurate I'm not sure where I'd see the Noel Gallagher fans heading (unless it was early to SE Corner) image.thumb.png.0d436b84a8276fda841d6509b5e49f83.png

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Although if and it's a big if clashfinder is accurate I'm not sure where I'd see the Noel Gallagher fans heading (unless it was early to SE Corner) image.thumb.png.0d436b84a8276fda841d6509b5e49f83.png

Lorde hasn't been confirmed as Other Headliner. 

I'll probably watch Haim, go get some drinks, pee break, bit of food and come back during Noels set, hopefully make way slowly into the pit. 

Edited by chazwwe