Paul McCartney

Demarcation

12 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

+1 that’s who he is. You can’t slate Macca for not being “cool” he never really was. 

I think the narrative of him not being cool really strange. Of course, a lot of his music wasn’t deemed cool after the Beatles but in the 60s he was at the epicentre of everything cool. He got into the art scene before John, was a fashion icon, a sex symbol and a musical genius.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Clarence Clemons said:

I feel very mixed about the upcoming PM set.

Obviously want to be there but a few things are putting me off, including:

- spending a lot of time getting to and from the stage with A LOT of people, and it generally being rammed when there

- people talking through wings and solo stuff which is the stuff I'd really be looking forward to. obviously excited about a lot of beatles material but stuff like helter skelter likely to feature late on

- the Hey Jude singalong - don't get me started

- really want to see Waterboys. seen them before but would love to enjoy the headline set at glastonbury, feel it would be more special for me personally.

Any others feeling mixed? Seen some good points in this thread.

on the flip side his setlist is looking amazing and hear the band is TIGHT!

I think you’re over thinking it. And that’s coming from a massive overthinker.

maybe see what you feel like seeing on the day and whatever it is, leave your expectations at the tent. Just live in the moment and enjoy every second and the privilege of seeing a legend (or whoever you see) play music for you and loads of other happy people. Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Clarence Clemons said:

I feel very mixed about the upcoming PM set.

Obviously want to be there but a few things are putting me off, including:

- spending a lot of time getting to and from the stage with A LOT of people, and it generally being rammed when there

- people talking through wings and solo stuff which is the stuff I'd really be looking forward to. obviously excited about a lot of beatles material but stuff like helter skelter likely to feature late on

- the Hey Jude singalong - don't get me started

- really want to see Waterboys. seen them before but would love to enjoy the headline set at glastonbury, feel it would be more special for me personally.

Any others feeling mixed? Seen some good points in this thread.

on the flip side his setlist is looking amazing and hear the band is TIGHT!

I have lots of mixed feelings about it too and will no doubt continue to overthink it right up until the night. I suspect we'll start there and if it's not going as well as I'd like I'll make a getaway. 

My biggest hang up is whether I'm going to watch NGHFB or not. I don't actually mind Noel, and much prefer him to his brother, but j imagine there'll be something elsewhere I'd rather see. 

But I really want to get a decent spot for Macca and not sure I can risk it 😩

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

My biggest hang up is whether I'm going to watch NGHFB or not. I don't actually mind Noel, and much prefer him to his brother, but j imagine there'll be something elsewhere I'd rather see. 

Yeah this is my conundrum too. Tbh I’d quite like to see the Oasis stuff, but couldn’t give much of a toss about his solo stuff, but yeah, feel like I’m gonna need to stick his whole set out in order to be up front for Macca as I don’t fancy my chances of squeezing in after Noel; can’t imagine there will be much crowd churn between the two. 

7 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Presence of this maudlin wellend and his gang of ex members of Proud Mary slap bang in the middle of Saturday night is the only cloud on an otherwise pristine horizon.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

None of my group are keen to see Noel, but I am, so I've bravely and heroically volunteered to take one for the team and go watch him to secure a decent spot. They owe me a pint of cider (each) for undertaking such a task.

How many in the group? You might not even remember Macca if they arrive with your payment 😅

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

None of my group are keen to see Noel, but I am, so I've bravely and heroically volunteered to take one for the team and go watch him to secure a decent spot. They owe me a pint of cider (each) for undertaking such a task.

Long long night. Spec for Noel who'll play 1hr 15 mins ish? Then maybe a 90 minute gap before Macca who'll play 2 hours minimum. So 5 hours ish in the same spot. Bottles of piss everywhere.

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Using that Hugh Jass and Tory stance to hold a spec.

20190526_204606.thumb.jpg.5861c927c852795627caf9a245cfc2fd.jpg

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah this is my conundrum too. Tbh I’d quite like to see the Oasis stuff, but couldn’t give much of a toss about his solo stuff, but yeah, feel like I’m gonna need to stick his whole set out in order to be up front for Macca as I don’t fancy my chances of squeezing in after Noel; can’t imagine there will be much crowd churn between the two. 

I'm debating going in either before haim to get a good spot, or waiting until they're done to start edging in.  Depends what else is on I guess, if there's nothing much floating my boat I'll get there nice and early.