Paul McCartney

Demarcation

8 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes, I do. I still have the feeling I 'have' to be there as a last opportunity to see a Beatle live, so I will be there, but maybe not for the entire set. If it's a brilliant show from the start I'll stay. There's plenty of good solo stuff and I don't think it should be just a run through the best of the Beatles, but (like any set) there's weak spots. I'm also happier these days to avoid the biggest audiences and prefer more intimate shows.

Yeh there's a lot of this. I also don't want to see PM from the back, I want to be fairly close! thinking at the moment I'll catch the first part from the left then shoot off to the acoustic stage haha

34 minutes ago, Clarence Clemons said:

the Hey Jude singalong - don't get me started

I don't really get the beef with this. After the years of separation and division we've been having, 100,000 people singing in unison, arms around each other on the best place on earth is going to be spectacular! 

Might not be the best song but that moment will be magic 

5 minutes ago, CurrySauce said:

I don't really get the beef with this. After the years of separation and division we've been having, 100,000 people singing in unison, arms around each other on the best place on earth is going to be spectacular! 

Might not be the best song but that moment will be magic 

Hey Jude is a great song and will be a highlight of the set.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Anyone who can't lose themselves in a Macca led Hey Jude singathon at Glastonbury clearly has no soul.

Lost my shit singing along to it in Glasgow, can only imagine what Glastonbury will be like!

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I remain confident that some of the more egregious errors will be rectified come June.

Dunno if there's even anything particularly egregious about what's there just now.

Wait until the people throwing their toys out the pram at a setlist that only contains 21 Beatles songs see how many Beatles songs are in the other acts sets.

1 hour ago, Franco Baresi said:

No, just thinking that Fontaines won't play Friday if Foals, and Primal Scream are already in the end of night slots elsewhere, so they are likely to either clash with PM, or play Sunday night, hopefully the latter.

I know it's not gospel (yet) but the Clashfinder guys have Fontaines in the 5:30pm Sunday slot on the Other.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dunno if there's even anything particularly egregious about what's there just now.

Wait until the people throwing their toys out the pram at a setlist that only contains 21 Beatles songs see how many Beatles songs are in the other acts sets.

You wait till Kendrick busts out his next concept - Red and Blue Albums in full.

2 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I'm surprised he only played one song from McCartney 3 and that Fuh you is still on the setlist.

I wonder if he'll change Junior's Farm to Worthy Farm. The audience would eat that up 

Last time he kept blootering on about leylines and calling the place "Glastonburger".

Hoping he brings that back.