Paul McCartney

Demarcation

48 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Oooft that’s a lot less Beatles than I expected.

I’ve been over ruled by pals so not seeing him on Pyramid, solidifying that I’m ok with that choice!

If you want to see him I would go for it, if you are seeing everything else by group decision particularly!

6 minutes ago, Ashl said:

If you want to see him I would go for it, if you are seeing everything else by group decision particularly!

Nah I’ll be dictating a lot of what we see as the de facto organiser so I don’t mind.

I got overruled on Stormzy last time and we went to Tame Impala and it was one of my festival highlights so happy to concede.

9 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Nah I’ll be dictating a lot of what we see as the de facto organiser so I don’t mind.

I got overruled on Stormzy last time and we went to Tame Impala and it was one of my festival highlights so happy to concede.

Ahh if you are organiser all good, Friday as usual last time I could have been at any stage!

Assume encore to come...

47 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Oh lol, people updating setlist before he’s finished is a laugh 

Its done now. He did his 20 song beatles run to end it. At least 5 diff beatles songs I havent seen him perform so thats good. Plenty of people update in real time thats why just waiting til it ends can be better.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

I like the setlist, I've never seen him before, bit worried there will be talking galore during the Wings/solo songs where its not a mass sing along, what do others thing? Other than Live and Let Die and Band on the Run none of that selection are massive crowd pleasers I would say?

28 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Its done now. He did his 20 song beatles run to end it. At least 5 diff beatles songs I havent seen him perform so thats good. Plenty of people update in real time thats why just waiting til it ends can be better.

5 minutes ago, Ashl said:

I like the setlist, I've never seen him before, bit worried there will be talking galore during the Wings/solo songs where its not a mass sing along, what do others thing? Other than Live and Let Die and Band on the Run none of that selection are massive crowd pleasers I would say?

Hey Jude and Let It Be are the biggest sing alongs in the set. Get Back will get people riled up. I mean his show structure has been like this for a long while. He gives the crowd some Beatles nuggets early on and takes care of his Wings/solo material, then pivots to all Beatles. Its just changed a bit over the years, but the meat of the set will please whoever is watching. I wouldnt worry too much about the talking. If anyone watching isnt willing to wait through that first hour of his set then they shouldnt be watching him at all.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Hey Jude and Let It Be are the biggest sing alongs in the set. Get Back will get people riled up. I mean his show structure has been like this for a long while. He gives the crowd some Beatles nuggets early on and takes care of his Wings/solo material, then pivots to all Beatles. Its just changed a bit over the years, but the meat of the set will please whoever is watching. I wouldnt worry too much about the talking. If anyone watching isnt willing to wait through that first hour of his set then they shouldnt be watching him at all.

This has got me thinking that I might skip him tbh. Not sure it’s for me, though the end of the set is admittedly full of tunes. 

2 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Oooft that’s a lot less Beatles than I expected.

I’ve been over ruled by pals so not seeing him on Pyramid, solidifying that I’m ok with that choice!

?? About 60% of the set is Beatles! Have a word with your mates.

Edit: Ignore just seen your later post!

Edited by FrancisH

32 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Really hoping for something a little less esoteric than that at Glastonbury. I'm sure the setlist in June will be different, I don't think the first ten songs in that set will sustain my dwindling attention span.

Macca tends to mix up his sets as the tours go on, so I’d expect it to look a little different to that come June. Plus I can’t imagine he doesn’t get the difference between a festival crowd and his own and wouldn’t cram his GF set with the biggest hitters.

A better indication of what to expect for June might be his last headline set…

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2004/worthy-farm-pilton-england-3d6b1a7.html

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Macca tends to mix up his sets as the tours go on, so I’d expect it to look a little different to that come June. Plus I can’t imagine he doesn’t get the difference between a festival crowd and his own and wouldn’t cram his GF set with the biggest hitters.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2004/worthy-farm-pilton-england-3d6b1a7.html

Where's Temporary Secretary?

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

On the rest of the tour he played 99% same as Glasto but then.. but then is Glastonbury on the Got Back tour.. its not on the poster on his website..... infact it gets its own billing on tour dates so maybe he is considering it to be a one off, will we see, either way I will be there!

Edited by Ashl