Paul McCartney

Demarcation

A few of us were talking about the upcoming Macca show and  listened to London Town last week, an album I used to play over and over as a kid, but not for the last 20 years,  and I've   had Morse Moose and the Grey Goose in my head ever since.

You have to love a song with a Sea Shanty break down.

Cannot wait to see the legend live, for a few  my group it seems almost surreal.

First show tonight, really interested to see what he does. Looking at that video posted earlier, there are probably specific videos for each song so there won't be a lot of change from that point on (not that his setlists change much over the years). Having said that, we may not get the same visuals at Glastonbury.

Been reading Fab by Howard Sounes and going through his post-Beatles career in chronological order.

A bit of Monkberry Moon Delight, Mrs.Vanderbilt, Bluebird or My Brave Face would be very welcome but not at the expense of Let me Roll It. Or Nineteen Hundred 85.

I saw him in Manchester in 2003 and it was immense. Can’t believe I’ll get a second round and on the Pyramid of all stages.

A legend in every way. I’ll probably spend the first ten minutes just staring in disbelief that it’s him.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Been reading Fab by Howard Sounes and going through his post-Beatles career in chronological order.

A bit of Monkberry Moon Delight, Mrs.Vanderbilt, Bluebird or My Brave Face would be very welcome but not at the expense of Let me Roll It. Or Nineteen Hundred 85.

I saw him in Manchester in 2003 and it was immense. Can’t believe I’ll get a second round and on the Pyramid of all stages.

A legend in every way. I’ll probably spend the first ten minutes just staring in disbelief that it’s him.

Izrite. 

4 hours ago, misterplow said:

Looks very same to the tour he did in 2016 when I saw him actually. Was a fun show but I hope his vocals are better because those were really really rough. 

If you’re only interested in hearing Paul as he was then dig out the old albums. 

However, those of us open to the idea of participating in what will undoubtedly be the most emotional of nights, at the greatest stage, with the greatest songwriter of the rock era - will have an almighty party, irrespective of the current condition of his pipes!

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, henry bear said:

If you’re only interested in hearing Paul as he was then dig out the old albums. 

However, those of us open to the idea of participating in what will undoubtedly be the most emotional of nights, at the greatest stage, with the greatest songwriter of the rock era - will have an almighty party, irrespective of the current condition of his pipes!

Having the exact debate with my friend. As soon as it was announced, "his voice is gone". Have to explain exactly what you've said 

Pauls voice has been "gone" for decades apparently now. I guess for an 80 year old, some nights will be good and some not so good. I saw him in 2017 and thought he sounded great. 3 hours solid and was can canning around the stage at the end with the band. 

But as always, usually sounds better live anyway. I remember the same said a about the Stones in 2013. Dodgy phone clips never do them justice. 

12 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

If you're interested in good Beatles books, then anything by Mark Lewisohn is strongly recommended.