Paul McCartney

Demarcation

16 hours ago, karlpowell said:

In 2004 (i think) Macca had been on the pyramid, me and my partner in crime are staggering back to camp its day light so might be 5/6 AM, a news crew are doing a piece in front of the stage Macca had closed just a few hours ago.

We just could not help ourselves to get into the broadcast and start pretending to go down stairs and bring up a beer for each other, after a while the new crew cut and tried again facing the other way ... I just could not help myself and started to do it again , they weren't best pleased to sale the leased.... we found it highly amusing.

I doesn't sound so funny when I put it on here but we still laugh about it to this day.

well i think its sounds funny, and if i was the producer id be using the footage of you doing it, its Glasto thats what happens

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Olshansky said:

I wonder if he will have guests on stage to do some of the III stuff.  Phoebe Bridgers and Annie Clark will be there

well, looks like Annie has other shows on the saturday and sunday so that leaves her out.  But Phoebe still a possibility 

On 4/1/2022 at 6:56 AM, defrio29 said:

any hints of him doing an europe tour as well around the glasto dates?

Looks like there isn’t one tbh.

The press release for the get back tour said USA and Glastonbury. 

Edited by Matt42

16 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

We are trying to guess who Paul's going to bring out as special guest? Florence, Taylor, Elton!? unless be doesn't. 

Ringo?

Edit: just seen he’s busy in Florida all weekend

Edited by t0paz

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

He tends not to have special guests on unless they live in the city hes in or are mates. Very very few, He didn't last time at Glasto. 

Special guests are a bit naff anyway. 

Agreed they are not needed but he's had people before Ronnie wood / Ringo/ Bruce Springsteen/ dave groul / elvis costello/ Neil Young etc. I  reckon he's going to do something different for glasto and alot of musicians will be about. We shall see in June.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd really recommend Brian Ray's "On Tour" podcast.  Brian has been Paul's guitar player and bass player for 20 years.  Interested to see what the setlist is tomorrow night.  I assume Back in the USSR will be dropped!  I hope he adds some songs from McCartney III.  I'd prefer to hear The Kiss of Venus than, for example, Here Today.

16 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

I'd really recommend Brian Ray's "On Tour" podcast.  Brian has been Paul's guitar player and bass player for 20 years.  Interested to see what the setlist is tomorrow night.  I assume Back in the USSR will be dropped!  I hope he adds some songs from McCartney III.  I'd prefer to hear The Kiss of Venus than, for example, Here Today.

Can't imagine him dropping his tribute to John tbh