Paul McCartney

Demarcation

17 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hoping he keeps something genuinely unique in the tank for the big G.

Something like And Your Bird Can Sing.

Was Helter Skelter last time. He played it in the warm up gigs before the festival but no one really knew back then. No youtube, setlist FM etc. 

On 3/5/2022 at 12:39 PM, Riggins said:

Does anyone have a playlist of songs that could potentially make up his setlist? I had a quick search but couldn't find anything. I know all the big Beatles numbers but would like to get into all the songs I'd most likely hear from his setlist if there's any experts out there who've got something prepared already. Ta 

His account tweeted this, don't know it it's hinting at the setlist or not.

33 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is it me or does that sound like there isn’t a European tour lol. Imagine.

reads to me like sir paul is doing US tour + Glasto…

Yeah I got that vibe. If he was doing more uk/Europe shows, wouldn’t they be announced by now? If he’s literally doing a US tour + Glastonbury, what an incredible booking for the festival.

• 4 weeks later...

Sir Paul McCartney says he is yet to plan his Glastonbury Festival 2022 performance

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2022-03-29/sir-paul-mccartney-says-he-is-yet-to-plan-his-glastonbury-performance

He said: “If I was camping – I would have to have a toothbrush and toothpaste, and we’d have to have a lighter for the fire, a guitar for singing around the campfire, a decent supply of food and water, and finally wellies.”

5 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Sir Paul McCartney says he is yet to plan his Glastonbury Festival 2022 performance

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2022-03-29/sir-paul-mccartney-says-he-is-yet-to-plan-his-glastonbury-performance

He said: “If I was camping – I would have to have a toothbrush and toothpaste, and we’d have to have a lighter for the fire, a guitar for singing around the campfire, a decent supply of food and water, and finally wellies.”

I wonder if he will have guests on stage to do some of the III stuff.  Phoebe Bridgers and Annie Clark will be there

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Walking boots Macca FFS! Not wellies. Has he not read the footwear thread?! He really hasn't prepared at all. 

re: special guests. He only really has big A listers. Neiler, Bruce etc. I hope he stays clear of the III stuff. 

Reckon he could extend the invite to Dave Grohl? They're good mates. 

16 minutes ago, Copperface said:

If he does that I worry who the hell will he bring on for Back in the USSR?

Mikhail Gorbachev?

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 1

In 2004 (i think) Macca had been on the pyramid, me and my partner in crime are staggering back to camp its day light so might be 5/6 AM, a news crew are doing a piece in front of the stage Macca had closed just a few hours ago.

We just could not help ourselves to get into the broadcast and start pretending to go down stairs and bring up a beer for each other, after a while the new crew cut and tried again facing the other way ... I just could not help myself and started to do it again , they weren't best pleased to sale the leased.... we found it highly amusing.

I doesn't sound so funny when I put it on here but we still laugh about it to this day.

Edited by karlpowell
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, karlpowell said:

In 2004 (i think) Macca had been on the pyramid, me and my partner in crime are staggering back to camp its day light so might be 5/6 AM, a news crew are doing a piece in front of the stage Macca had closed just a few hours ago.

We just could not help ourselves to get into the broadcast and start pretending to go down stairs and bring up a beer for each other, after a while the new crew cut and tried again facing the other way ... I just could not help myself and started to do it again , they weren't best pleased to sale the leased.... we found it highly amusing.

I doesn't sound so funny when I put it on here but we still laugh about it to this day.

Well it tickled me! 😂