Paul McCartney

Demarcation

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Now that Haim are confirmed, real ones face the absolute ballache of vibing to them in the pit, scarpering to avoid the tornfaced cornflake-pisser in chief with his MOR b-sides, and then having to get all the way back down the front again for Thumbsaloft.  Fucking palaver.

Noel ending with All You Need Is Love before Macca walks on stage though 👌

12 hours ago, henry bear said:

Macca’s ‘Got Back’ US tour is on general sale today. The prices the tickets are going for is incredible and people are seeing tickets going on resale in droves immediately. Looking at the McCartney boards,  many long term fans are getting priced out and giving up.

£280 for Macca and all the rest of our Glasto line-up is an absolute bargain in comparison 

It is but when I saw Macca last, it was £85 for a very good seat and the venues weren't just selling out easily. Tickets are naturally selling quicket at the moment for obvious reasons but let's take it back to a realistic point where it would be a normal situation.

We have already seen with many other artists that the USA is pricing out considerably. 

Hell, TCT over here is extortionate compared to usual too. I know it's not a cheap gig anyway but the price of standing this year is crazy!

Macca is gonna be one of those acts that I'm so excited about I can't sleep. I refuse to look at any setlists online or speculation on here as I want all tracks to hit me unexpectedly. As a huge Beatles fan I can't comprehend that I'll be seeing the main man play guitar and sing on stage in front of me. Even if his voice is wobbly at times, I'm sure (and hope) he'll do what Elton does and alter the key slightly to suit his voice. 

Not that I want to speculate what he'll play but if he whips out the medly from Abbey Road, or Oh Darlin (maybe not the best track to attempt at his age...) I may prolapse from each and every orifice. 

Or just applaud like.

Edited by Stokesy10
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Worst kept secret ever

It’s funny how out in the open this has become, with tabloids etc just straight up saying ‘yeah he’s booked, he’s been announced, he’s playing’ with no hint of doubt or speculation.

What a shiter it would’ve been if they didn’t get him back. Been hammering the Beatles and his live shows the past week and can’t stop thinking how amazing this set is gonna be. 

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

We were pretty doubtful of it three weeks ago.

Yup, but what I mean is how out in the open it is now and Glastonbury still haven’t said anything. I imagine the Ukraine situation had something to do with it but it’s quite alarming how much this is being reported as fact.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I imagine the Ukraine situation had something to do with it but it’s quite alarming how much this is being reported as fact.

I don't think the Ukraine situation has affected the announcement at all.

Since Thursday Paul McCartney announced more tour dates as have many other artists and festivals

Plus concerts and events have been continuing on as normal

Edited by Florian Saucer Attack

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yup, but what I mean is how out in the open it is now and Glastonbury still haven’t said anything. I imagine the Ukraine situation had something to do with it but it’s quite alarming how much this is being reported as fact.

Talking of which, and tying two stories together, I took this a couple of weeks ago in the main square in Vinnytsia, southern Ukraine down towards the Moldovan border. Vinnytsia now under aerial and artillery bombardment, but the Beatles spirit is strong in that town.

1959366275_vinnytsiabeatles.jpg

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Macca is gonna be one of those acts that I'm so excited about I can't sleep. I refuse to look at any setlists online or speculation on here as I want all tracks to hit me unexpectedly. As a huge Beatles fan I can't comprehend that I'll be seeing the main man play guitar and sing on stage in front of me. Even if his voice is wobbly at times, I'm sure (and hope) he'll do what Elton does and alter the key slightly to suit his voice. 

Not that I want to speculate what he'll play but if he whips out the medly from Abbey Road, or Oh Darlin (maybe not the best track to attempt at his age...) I may prolapse from each and every orifice. 

Or just applaud like.

I almost feel like there's some sort of Truman Show stuff going on, with the Noel into McCartney stuff. It's literally a dream for me, that Saturday is gonna be a memory that will stay with me for life.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 8:11 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

[pounding clipboard] MACCA, MACCA, MACCA!

he's a washed up has-been, when did he last have 'a hit'?

even Otway has had a hit recently.

Edited by Neil

20 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Nothing we don't already know I don't think.

But bless him for losing 2m, must be hard for him these days. ☹️ I

Does anyone have a playlist of songs that could potentially make up his setlist? I had a quick search but couldn't find anything. I know all the big Beatles numbers but would like to get into all the songs I'd most likely hear from his setlist if there's any experts out there who've got something prepared already. Ta 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Riggins said:

Does anyone have a playlist of songs that could potentially make up his setlist? I had a quick search but couldn't find anything. I know all the big Beatles numbers but would like to get into all the songs I'd most likely hear from his setlist if there's any experts out there who've got something prepared already. Ta 

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/paul-mccartney-13d6bd15.html   setlist.fm is the best source for this kind of thing 

3 hours ago, Riggins said:

I would also just wait for the u.s tour dates to start at the end of april. Youll get a solid idea of what he is going ti be playing and then maybe expect a few changes for Glasto. But youll be getting over 90% of whats there anyway.

• Upvote 1