Posts with people's name as subject

Somewhat amusingly, newbies seem to be creating posts where they're filling in their own name in the "Title" field. I guess that's confusing?

At first I thought it was on purpose, when I gently mocked someone for creating a post with their own name, they chastised me, pointing out they were new and has been confused. And it keep happening! Every few weeks somebody does it.

Do you have enough control over the template to change this caption? Maybe to "Subject" or something else that doesn't make people want to type their own names in!

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Somewhat amusingly, newbies seem to be creating posts where they're filling in their own name in the "Title" field. I guess that's confusing?

At first I thought it was on purpose, when I gently mocked someone for creating a post with their own name, they chastised me, pointing out they were new and has been confused. And it keep happening! Every few weeks somebody does it.

Do you have enough control over the template to change this caption? Maybe to "Subject" or something else that doesn't make people want to type their own names in!

I'm pretty sure it's a browser function of trying to be 'helpful', and not a function of these forums.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I'm pretty sure it's a browser function of trying to be 'helpful', and not a function of these forums.

Autofill? That could be it - although I thought that was informed by the name attribute on the Input element. I'm guessing Title could be throwing it off. And that probably means it's much harder to change in the template because that would affect the payload sent back to the server and that's not the kind of thing you'd want to fiddle with on off the shelf software. 

Thanks for replying though.