Pop Punk: The Final Frontier

stonedcircle

It's always puzzled me how bands like blink-182, Green Day, Fall Out Boy etc have never had a proper look-in at Glasto, despite their massive mainstream appeal. 
Especially now as almost every other genre is represented, from the more obscure (metal as extreme as Gojira / Napalm Death) to the completely 'mainstream' (Sheeran/Cyrus etc).
Where's pop punk been this entire time? While some have made the occasional appearance (Panic at the Disco), it's certainly never been a regular feature on the lineup. It feels like a bit of a shame, as in their hey-day some of the biggest pop punk acts would have been great on the farm and offered even more variety! 

?

46 minutes ago, jump said:

I can see why the yankee likes of Green Day, Blink 182 etc don't play but I'm more curious about the why UK pop punk bands aren't invited like Neck Deep or You Me At Six.

Guitarist of Neck Deep was outed as a nonce I believe, so there’s one reason

On 10/12/2019 at 3:54 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hope you lads have one of those long chain things.

Of course, in an ideal world they should be long enough to be able to be used as a method of tracing your way back to camp at the end of the night.

Edited by Lostnotfound

2 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Can I just ask does anyone over the age of say 13 listen to Blink 182?

I'm 27 and I still listen to a lot of bands I used to listen to at 13. So to answer your question, yes

Pop punk rules. Get Paramore, Panic!, Jimmy Eat World, Good Charlotte, All Time low on the bill!!!

• Upvote 1