Showers

Ali62

Depends where you camp really. Anything inside the fence is "official". Showers at Green Peace and also Kidz Field so if you camp near them it's a yes, if not it's a walk.

Outside the fence official, Worthy View has showers, camper van fields don't. 

Edited by TheNewUnion
  • Like 1

You're asking about showers and thinking  (different thread) of staying off-site in order to get a good night's sleep. Not good omens.

Most either love it or hate it. Known both types and have had mates go home on the Saturday. If you've camped before in the rain you can do it. If you've never camped and want showers & flushing toilets......the jury is out!

I used green peace fields, go at 7am-12 and ur looking at a 2 hour queue, go at 6am or 6 pm then ur looking at 5-10 mins maybe even walking straight in, i sometimes went at 6pm if nowt important on for me, as the sun is cooling , worse thing is getting a shower then sweating cobs

Edited by waynewdk

Stayed in an offsite place with showers for this year. Used them twice. With the heat it was largely pointless as you were just sweaty again Soon after. It was only really enjoyable during. I think people get hung up about having a shower, go into a large crowd at any point and technically you may as well have not bothered. Just bring some wet wipes and one of those solar showers or something along those lines, and just get on with enjoying yourself.

10 hours ago, Lycra said:

Showers are available if you're prepared to queue and pay. Depending where you camp be prepared for a long walk to find them. 

I do neither of those, and usually manage to shower once or twice over the weekend.

Just a matter of timing it right.

12 hours ago, Lycra said:

You're asking about showers and thinking  (different thread) of staying off-site in order to get a good night's sleep. Not good omens.

Most either love it or hate it. Known both types and have had mates go home on the Saturday. If you've camped before in the rain you can do it. If you've never camped and want showers & flushing toilets......the jury is out!

I don’t care about getting a good nights sleep, just don’t want to smell! ?

Also I was asking about other camp sites in other thread as panicking a bit if we don’t get a camping spot when tickets go on sale!

Hi Ali, the only camping that goes on sale is Worthy View (Glastonbury affiliated) or off site camping, such as Lovefields, Tangerine Fields etc.  The vast majority just take their own tent, you've already paid for that privilege in the ticket price.  

I personally strip wash daily, or even twice daily) in the tent and rinse my hair under a bottle of water. Easy! And no queues! 

Edited by bexj
  • Like 1

Hi i usually take a small bowl with me fill it up with water and wash my hair its one way of waking yourself up with the water being slightly cold but nice and refreshing Then strip wash with using the rest of the water in bowl using wet wipes.

I really can't be bothered to walk half way around the site at silly hours or queue up to much to see for that

7 hours ago, Ali62 said:

I don’t care about getting a good nights sleep, just don’t want to smell! ?

Also I was asking about other camp sites in other thread as panicking a bit if we don’t get a camping spot when tickets go on sale!

Where are your hoping to camp? As above, only Worthy View and the Camper Van fields go on sale, everything else is a free for all as soon as you're through the gates.