I assume you're driving not going by coach or train?  Just be aware before thinking that all this equipment is a good idea that it can be a hell of a walk from your car to your camping spot - our first year it was nearly an hour - and that was to a camping spot near the entrance gate we entered through!  So choose wisely!  

I am such a lazy arse, I would rather do without stuff than walk to the car more than I have too!  So since then, I have taken no food or cooking equipment and just bought everything there!  Ditto pillows, duvets and the like - I manage fine with camping pillow and sleeping bag.

Just weigh everything up  and think about what will work for you.  What is essential for one person is the last thing someone else will consider important.

35 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I assume you're driving not going by coach or train?  Just be aware before thinking that all this equipment is a good idea that it can be a hell of a walk from your car to your camping spot - our first year it was nearly an hour - and that was to a camping spot near the entrance gate we entered through!  So choose wisely!  

I am such a lazy arse, I would rather do without stuff than walk to the car more than I have too!  So since then, I have taken no food or cooking equipment and just bought everything there!  Ditto pillows, duvets and the like - I manage fine with camping pillow and sleeping bag.

Just weigh everything up  and think about what will work for you.  What is essential for one person is the last thing someone else will consider important.

This sounds like my boyfriend! He doesn’t even own a pair of wellies - yet! Yes to the driving then  I can cram it full ! I’m thinking maybe one trip in with the tent and camping stuff between us then another trip with the rucksacks etc - spare clothes and extra booze left in the car 

40 minutes ago, Sue12 said:

This sounds like my boyfriend! He doesn’t even own a pair of wellies - yet! Yes to the driving then  I can cram it full ! I’m thinking maybe one trip in with the tent and camping stuff between us then another trip with the rucksacks etc - spare clothes and extra booze left in the car 

This is how we do it too. Generally, we queue with everything we need for one night - I take a framed camping bed, I know its a luxury but you walk so far that it is nice coming back to a proper bed and not an air bed. So in the first trip we take the tent, bed, sleeping bags, some alcohol...maybe a change of clothes. Then we set up and head into the festival - we will generally head back to the car early morning next day (we camp at gate A so its fairly straight forward) or last year we got everything after the fireworks about 1am. 

3 hours ago, Sue12 said:

For years I refused to make more than one trip, at any festival, not just Glastonbury. I started doing 2 trips at Bearded Theory (where you're only 10 minutes walk from the car) and started to think maybe it wasn't such a bad idea. This year was the 1st year we actually made two trips at Glastonbury and now I'm kicking myself for being such a stubborn arse. 

We only needed to pick up booze, quite a pleasant stroll out on the Thursday morning, well worth the sacrifice for less of a struggle on Wednesday. 

On 10/13/2019 at 10:14 AM, Sue12 said:

Not even thought about carrying a she-wee around with me during the day to use!!

The toilets are all pretty good during the day but round about headliner time and right after, it can get a bit icky and massively busy cos everyone's been holding on and is now desperate and we're all going at once. There are always a few lavs at any given stage that are effectively out of action to women until they can be properly swabbed down due to sh*t on the seat or something (I'll mop up pee on the seat but I'm not touching a log). The only option for those is a point and shoot capability.  ;)

If you happen to have any kids in your party I can highly recommend pitching up in Wicket ground family camping. We love it there. 

Advantages are numerous: 

• It's easy to get to from gate A
  • It's far more relaxed than almost anywhere else, plus its fenced in so it's more secure.
  • There's always plenty of space, therefore it's much easier getting to and from your tent, and therefore It's much easier getting to and from the loo.
  • Queues for loos in the morning aren't as bad as elsewhere, plus you've got a wide array of alternative toilet opportunities within a short walk including loads around the John Peel stage.
  • It's close to The Woods which are magical at night and a great place to stop for one or two more on your way to bed.
  • Milk tractor drives through a couple of times each morning selling tasty milkshakes etc
  • Theres a property lock up just outside the gate, and also a cafe that whilst not the cheapest is very convenient and covers all of your breakfast needs.

Disadvantages

• Potential for wailing toddlers at 6am (ear plugs are essential)
  • A long walk to certain areas of the site, around 45 minutes up to the Park for example and even longer to the SE corner.

23 minutes ago, Mimo said:

If you happen to have any kids in your party I can highly recommend pitching up in Wicket ground family camping. We love it there. 

Advantages are numerous: 

• It's easy to get to from gate A
  • It's far more relaxed than almost anywhere else, plus its fenced in so it's more secure.
  • There's always plenty of space, therefore it's much easier getting to and from your tent, and therefore It's much easier getting to and from the loo.
  • Queues for loos in the morning aren't as bad as elsewhere, plus you've got a wide array of alternative toilet opportunities within a short walk including loads around the John Peel stage.
  • It's close to The Woods which are magical at night and a great place to stop for one or two more on your way to bed.
  • Milk tractor drives through a couple of times each morning selling tasty milkshakes etc
  • Theres a property lock up just outside the gate, and also a cafe that whilst not the cheapest is very convenient and covers all of your breakfast needs.

Disadvantages

• Potential for wailing toddlers at 6am (ear plugs are essential)
  • A long walk to certain areas of the site, around 45 minutes up to the Park for example and even longer to the SE corner.

Good advice, we are of an age now that we prefer the lime kiln ground close to wicket. 

Milky milky wakes you up! 

Book a camping weekend in or two before Glastonbury to get used to the tent, plus see what works for you so its all not so alien when you get to Glastonbury. Camp on the outskirts/not so busy field and ear plugs are amazing. Pillow , a tent you can stand up in and a porch of some descripiotn. I still love a sleeping bag plus a blanket.

You;re going to have an amazing time - read lots and come on here with any questions you may have.

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Book a camping weekend in or two before Glastonbury to get used to the tent, plus see what works for you so its all not so alien when you get to Glastonbury. Camp on the outskirts/not so busy field and ear plugs are amazing. Pillow , a tent you can stand up in and a porch of some descripiotn. I still love a sleeping bag plus a blanket.

You;re going to have an amazing time - read lots and come on here with any questions you may have.

Great advice - was thinking in the back garden but actual going away with it all sounds good