Brave Sir Robin

On 5/3/2022 at 12:34 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

The somewhat eclectic Left Field lineup added to the playlist (after Avalon, about 2/3 down), along with the other ETC finalists, who all have spots at the festival this year.

Well someone's been a busy boy, haven't you 🙂 

Listening to a combination of your Spotify list and Youtube and I liked Caroline Paluchek and Chairlift.  Only just realised she is/was the lead singer of Chairlift!  But I realise that Chairlift aren't on your Spotify list so I assume she doesn't sing Chairlift songs now?  Is that right?

46 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Listening to a combination of your Spotify list and Youtube and I liked Caroline Paluchek and Chairlift.  Only just realised she is/was the lead singer of Chairlift!  But I realise that Chairlift aren't on your Spotify list so I assume she doesn't sing Chairlift songs now?  Is that right?

Correct - setlist.fm records her as having covered quite a few songs over the years, but never once any from her old band. She’s opted for a clean break!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Correct - setlist.fm records her as having covered quite a few songs over the years, but never once any from her old band. She’s opted for a clean break!

Shame as some of the Chairlift stuff is good.  But I like her solo stuff as well so far -will have to listen to more.

Thought I'd share some playlists I've made as others might find them useful (or be inspired to create more).

I like making 'setlist' playlists for artists. Based on recent a mix of recent setlists/average setlists on setlist.fm. 

I imagine some folks will hate the concept but I find for artists I've been meaning to check out before the festival, with little time it's better than a greatest hits to get you get more of a flavour of what they're playing out on tour at the mo. Whether they'rean act that basically just does the new stuff or keeps a mix of older stuff etc.

Here's what I've made so far:

Kendrick: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4CGrT3YwHx31UpDpD1PIXx?si=aa20dd116c1b4db4

Supergrass: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5v2ntJVH0kViF6kdlC21G5?si=68e4230e972f4ffb

Mitski: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5wc5TYFojygMUTCPBt5ZQ0?si=72d67ced6be94dba

Little Simz: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1sKr7EocEU1EwR6nSMyOpz?si=b341693acbc14885

Finished adding the (updated) Shangri La lineup to the playlist - up to 4 tracks per act depending on stage/popularity, based on recent setlists/tracklists as far as possible.

Some great stuff on there, I think it's the best lineup Shangers has ever had. Pigsx7, Folamour, Partiboi69, Beans, Brass Against, Bob Vylan, K.O.G. all firmly on my radar. Even after the disappointing loss of Columbia's Systema Solar from the lineup, who look a whole lot of fun.

I've made a start on Croissant Neuf, and then on to the Common...

22 hours ago, Fragile Battleship said:

Thought I'd share some playlists I've made as others might find them useful (or be inspired to create more).

I like making 'setlist' playlists for artists. Based on recent a mix of recent setlists/average setlists on setlist.fm. 

I imagine some folks will hate the concept but I find for artists I've been meaning to check out before the festival, with little time it's better than a greatest hits to get you get more of a flavour of what they're playing out on tour at the mo. Whether they'rean act that basically just does the new stuff or keeps a mix of older stuff etc.

Nice work. I select tracks for the big playlist based on their recent setlists (tracklists for DJs) for precisely the same reason, although only include a handful for each act (it's long enough as it is!)

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Playlist updated - Croissant Neuf added, 1-3 songs each, some great stuff on there as always; also the acts playing Latino; self-confirmed Porridge Radio; and new tracks from recent setlists/tracklists for Macca, Bonobo, Foals, girl in red, Confidence Man, Metronomy, HAAi, Black Midi, and Easy Life.

Hasn't Girl in Red announced she's no longer playing though #throatsurgery ?

i've just accused  the wife of adding songs to my playlists, she says not her but spotify does it. she says there's a way to turn it off but we cant find where, anyone know where i can stop spotify ruining my playlists.

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

i've just accused  the wife of adding songs to my playlists, she says not her but spotify does it. she says there's a way to turn it off but we cant find where, anyone know where i can stop spotify ruining my playlists.

There is an autoplay option in the settings - autoplay similar songs when your music ends

Screenshot_2022-05-13-11-12-15-80_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.thumb.jpg.8f0168e171ea64f18cb5ae2f976bb155.jpg

14 minutes ago, lazyred said:

There is an autoplay option in the settings - autoplay similar songs when your music ends

Screenshot_2022-05-13-11-12-15-80_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.thumb.jpg.8f0168e171ea64f18cb5ae2f976bb155.jpg

thanks, its not that tho, the songs have been added to the playlists, have foiund the setting 'enhanced' and turned it off, i wouldnt mind but its added shit that the wife has listened to.

Just to say BSR has still been busily adding tracks to the Spotify version this week. 

He's up to 1467 songs now.  Sadly he's not visiting here atm as some of his other content was deleted against his wishes, but hopefully he won't mind us continuing to utilise his fine workmanship.

@Badlands and @duke88 it looks like your versions are a few weeks out of date now.  Are you happy to update them, or would you rather I create an Apple and Deezer version with Tunemymusic (either by you making them collaborative or me creating a new version)?

I bought a cheap annual sub and it has plenty of other slots for automatic syncs that I could use which will update every day.

Edited by clarkete

11 hours ago, clarkete said:

Sadly [BSR]’s not visiting here atm as some of his other content was deleted against his wishes, but hopefully he won't mind us continuing to utilise his fine workmanship.

Just caught up with this incident. Have to say it looks as though he’s been treated fairly shabbily and without much sensitivity, considering he’s a long time member and actually does something every year for this forum that many of us find really valuable. My Glasto planning doesn’t really start until I’ve got a BSR playlist. Hope it’s resolved and he comes back into the fold. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/21/2022 at 12:24 AM, clarkete said:

Just to say BSR has still been busily adding tracks to the Spotify version this week. 

He's up to 1467 songs now.  Sadly he's not visiting here atm as some of his other content was deleted against his wishes, but hopefully he won't mind us continuing to utilise his fine workmanship.

@Badlands and @duke88 it looks like your versions are a few weeks out of date now.  Are you happy to update them, or would you rather I create an Apple and Deezer version with Tunemymusic (either by you making them collaborative or me creating a new version)?

I bought a cheap annual sub and it has plenty of other slots for automatic syncs that I could use which will update every day.

Yeah, I've realised that every time I copy it over it creates a new playlist, which is a bit annoying! More than happy for you to create one on tunemymusic if that updates automatically and you don't mind. Thank you!