Brave Sir Robin

As has become customary, I present to you my Spotify playlist for next year's festival: Glastonbury 2020.

As in previous years it’s compiled, and regularly updated, as follows:
  • Confirmed acts first, followed by those rated ‘To Be Confirmed’ and ‘Strong Rumour’ on eFestivals' marvellous lineup and rumours page.
  • For each act, the songs are those they’ve been playing most often live over the past year/tour, to give the best idea of what we'll hear on the Farm. I get this from setlist.fm, and additional Googling where necessary (for DJs, the 1001tracklists and mixesdb sites - although I won’t cover DJs comprehensively).
  • Acts on the main stages get 5 songs each, fewer songs for the smaller stages.

So we currently have Diana Ross, and then TBCs Supergrass, Wolf Alice, Fatboy Slim, Beans on Toast & Mik Artistik’s Ego Trip; and SRs Fleetwood Mac, Taylor Swift and Foals (there’s also Lionstar but there any songs by the ‘right’ Lionstar on Spotify).

Enjoy! Any comments/ideas for improvement, please let me know here.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Upvote 36

7 hours ago, Woffy said:

Oh brilliant!

I'm made up for you, mate.

I did wonder, but I didn't want to presume!

Cheers! Hopefully see you at the meet next year - did you go last time? I spoke to loads of peeps there, it was a great turnout, but was sorry not to have seen your cheerful face.

I hope people are enjoying the playlist. I'm Coming Out makes a great opener, that intro is just fantastic. Really enjoyed the Supergrass tunes too, haven't listened to them for ages.

I have only just managed to gear myself up to visiting this site since not getting a ticket. 

Seeing this thread made my stomach lurch and tears spring to my eyes at what I may be missing out on.  I will steel myself to visiting the list despite feeling bitter and twisted inside.  I am happy for all those attending but obviously as jealous as fuck.  

I have already tentatively looked into volunteering so hope to be there but ..... there's nothing better than knowing in October you're going so you can truly enjoy the evolving of the playlist.

• Like 1

Great work @sophiemarie, thank you!! I think I'll add a bit of text to the green one and use that.

And oh @Beerqueen, so sorry.  I know how much you've enjoyed these playlists in the build-up to previous years.  If you're determined to be there, and you're flexible, I think the odds are pretty good of sorting either a ticket in the resale or a volunteering slot.

15 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Great work @sophiemarie, thank you!! I think I'll add a bit of text to the green one and use that.

And oh @Beerqueen, so sorry.  I know how much you've enjoyed these playlists in the build-up to previous years.  If you're determined to be there, and you're flexible, I think the odds are pretty good of sorting either a ticket in the resale or a volunteering slot.

Thanks.  I've got resale tickets twice in the past but really think the volunteering route is the way to go.  I think I am happy to take the shifts (but would be gutted to miss Diana Ross!)

On 10/13/2019 at 12:16 PM, Beerqueen said:

I have only just managed to gear myself up to visiting this site since not getting a ticket. 

Seeing this thread made my stomach lurch and tears spring to my eyes at what I may be missing out on.  I will steel myself to visiting the list despite feeling bitter and twisted inside.  I am happy for all those attending but obviously as jealous as fuck.  

I have already tentatively looked into volunteering so hope to be there but ..... there's nothing better than knowing in October you're going so you can truly enjoy the evolving of the playlist.

Ah sorry BQ, fingers crossed for resale or similar. We gotta get you up in the crowd for a set this time!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Ah sorry BQ, fingers crossed for resale or similar. We gotta get you up in the crowd for a set this time!

I'm still hoping to go but even volunteering is looking dicey as so many people are expressing interest this year.  Today was my first day back at work since failing to get coach and general sale tickets - sailing round Croatia eased the pain in the meantime.  But today, it was raining, my work seemed, no was, meaningless paper pushing ("who the fuck gives a shit" was going through my mind most of the day) and everything seemed bloody depressing.  Knowledge of a golden ticket would have eased the pain of returning to work.

But hey, first world problems - even if I don't go, there will be other festivals and other good times to have.  

I hadn't forgotten that I'm due another shoulder lift though!