Boardmasters 2020

Isaac LK

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay so don’t quote me on this but the rumours are for the announcement in a couple of weeks 

- the 1975 (hugs for boardies tho) 

- catfish and the Bottlemen (regulars at boardies) 

- Lewis Capaldi ( he’s doing most festivals this year like last year) 

and then probably some acts from last year such as 

- Florence + the machine, jorja Smith, the wombats and Giggs? All very popular from last years line up 

also for consideration are oh wonder, everything everything, blossoms and Bombay bicycle club as they’re all releasing albums this year 

47 minutes ago, Willl b said:

Okay so don’t quote me on this but the rumours are for the announcement in a couple of weeks 

- the 1975 (hugs for boardies tho) 

- catfish and the Bottlemen (regulars at boardies) 

- Lewis Capaldi ( he’s doing most festivals this year like last year) 

and then probably some acts from last year such as 

- Florence + the machine, jorja Smith, the wombats and Giggs? All very popular from last years line up 

also for consideration are oh wonder, everything everything, blossoms and Bombay bicycle club as they’re all releasing albums this year 

the 1975 will NOT headline boardmasters

Hello

I'm hoping that someone who has camped with a camper van at Boardmasters can help.

I'm taking my 14 year old son to the festival and have a camper van. We bought VIP tickets (because I'm old and wanted to have some space and hot showers.) We also love surfing

Looking on the site I dont think that they have a VIP section for camper vans. So my questions are:

- Are the spaces allocated for camper vans spread out - or are we cramped like sardines?

- Is the camper van area really noisy? And does it feel safe?

- Typically, is the camper van area near the beach? We have nightmare images of having to walk an hour carrying our surfboards to the beach. - So is it better for us to hire surfboards there?

- Also - is there a VIP camper van area? This would be the best solution for us!

-

The other option is for me to take a tent and stay in the VIP area. Does anyone know if the carpark for VIP is close to the tents (for when I get our surfboards)

Sorry for the ton of questions and thanks in advance

John

12 hours ago, somewherehot said:

Hello

I'm hoping that someone who has camped with a camper van at Boardmasters can help.

I'm taking my 14 year old son to the festival and have a camper van. We bought VIP tickets (because I'm old and wanted to have some space and hot showers.) We also love surfing

Looking on the site I dont think that they have a VIP section for camper vans. So my questions are:

- Are the spaces allocated for camper vans spread out - or are we cramped like sardines?

- Is the camper van area really noisy? And does it feel safe?

- Typically, is the camper van area near the beach? We have nightmare images of having to walk an hour carrying our surfboards to the beach. - So is it better for us to hire surfboards there?

- Also - is there a VIP camper van area? This would be the best solution for us!

-

The other option is for me to take a tent and stay in the VIP area. Does anyone know if the carpark for VIP is close to the tents (for when I get our surfboards)

Sorry for the ton of questions and thanks in advance

John

This might help (map from 2019 but 2020 will be similar). The beach is located if you carried on going left off the map. I know watergate bay is a walkable distance from the festival, as the main site is literally on the cliff and you can see the beach at the bottom, but may be a bit awkward with boards. I didn't walk down when i went in 2018 but i would guess its maybe a 25 minute walk without carrying stuff

BM19_Maps_Campsite.jpg

Found this when I linked my Spotify to Festicket on the ‘Festival Finder’ function. Lineup isn’t out officially anywhere and not on the normal Festicket website when you search for Boardmasters either but I guess this is it! Lineup out officially tomorrow morning.

8E0C525A-A05B-49E5-9F98-9B86304ABB99.png

F1CD3421-145B-47D8-B379-623C7095A923.png