Rank the legend slot performances from favourite to least favourite performance

The Other Steve

Ray Davies
Dolly
Lionel
Tom Jones

I've been to those 4 in the 8 years I've been (all but '13 since '09)

I'm not a massive fan to be honest, the field gets so busy. 14 and 15 were pretty joke coz we just brought chairs and got wasted right at the very very back of the field but you can't go and buy beers or out. I haven't missed it.

Neil Diamond - forget legend "slot" just one of the best shows in general.

Johnny Cash would be up there - but aside from Levellers and Back to the Planet i have no real memory (or nothing that makes any sense) from '94.

really enjoyed Kylie this year, but hated being in the massive crowd.

tom jones - yeah ok enjoyed this one

all the other ones i've seen i've not enjoyed at all,

Lionel - thought it was a boring performance and kept losing the crowd, or at least i kept losing interest.

Dolly - made it through one song before i could no longer endure being crushed in the crowd.

Brian Wilson - just found it kinda sad.

1. Lionel

2. Tom 

3. Kenny

4. Dolly

5. Kylie (got heat exhaustion and a kind security guard hoiked me over the barrier like a sack of potatoes)

Didnt go to the others even though I was onsite for Johnny Cash which is my biggest regret. Ray I was lying under a fan and far too hot - also regret that. Saw some of Shirley on the way to LV to get married.

I was going to say Leonard Cohen, but I guess he is not considered a ‘traditional  legend’, even though he was in that slot. Similarly Patti Smith and Robert Plant. All brilliant afternoon slots.

Of the tackier ones, for want of a better word, I really enjoyed Dolly Parton.  Have not seen most of the others.

Diana Ross seems a great choice. Now all I need is a ticket....

3 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

She saved Glastonbury that year for me! Miserable weekend, it just about stopped raining that afternoon and she was bonkers. Didn't she do one song twice?

Which year was it? '07? Deffo an Arctic Monkeys year.

What I do remember is having a Glasto moment when leaving Avalon early from the best Billy Bragg gig I've ever been to because I wanted to catch her set. Before I got in it was miserable. When I left the sun was out, the overflow crowd outside the tent all had contented grins, all of the stall holders had turned off their sound systems and were listening to Billy. Just seemed like such a quintissential British moment and I just welled up.

• Upvote 1