Site changes for 2020

morph100

On 10/12/2019 at 10:28 AM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think the Pangea moon is possible bigger than it needs to be? Sure it would’ve been impressive, but I reckon a smaller moon would still do the job and be safer. I work in London and when I’m walking around I often think about the fact that skyscrapers are being built all over the place with cranes everywhere just above millions of people’s of heads. The margin for error is zero, yet it still goes one every day. I’m sure there would be a way to do that’s safe.

With Silver Hayes I think it’s a victim of its surroundings, there it’s really flat and it’s the one place where there isn’t really a horizon. I think that makes a real difference to the atmosphere compared to pretty much any other area at Glastonbury.

Usually the cranes will never oversail the site hoarding while loaded, if it has to they will build a scaffold above any roads or pavements to protect people below from any falling loads. The operator will usually halt any crane operation is the winds are too high as well, last year was quite windy.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:18 PM, concerned said:

Usually the cranes will never oversail the site hoarding while loaded, if it has to they will build a scaffold above any roads or pavements to protect people below from any falling loads. The operator will usually halt any crane operation is the winds are too high as well, last year was quite windy.

V windy