Site changes for 2020

morph100

I agree. All they need to do there is try and get the registration details and payment pages a bit more stable so people who make it that far get their tickets.

They did so much last year I don’t expect to see any major site changes again. It’d be nice if they’d stop increasing the capacity though.

On 10/12/2019 at 9:45 AM, Earth_pig said:

I heard the crane was there for four years and they have painted it green to fit in.

There is something about silver hayes i just dont like and be nice if they could do something about it, the gully is cool though.

It was put in last summer, definitely not there before... I know one of the guys who oversaw it being taken out of Portbury dock and moved over to Worthy farm and he sent me a fab video of it going in 

On 10/11/2019 at 10:04 AM, big__phil said:

I'm seeing Emily do a talk promoting her book on Sunday, so if she reveals anything new for this year I'll report back!

Sorry for the delay, I've been caught up in work stuff all day.

• Emily said that there won't be any major site changes for a while, as they are now within the '5 year cycle' which starts after the fallow year. Perhaps just slight improvements to the likes of the pier.
  • She did however say that it's about time that the site had a new hidden/secret venue, as the underground piano bar isn't much of a secret these days.
    • Specifically she was saying how cool it would be if you entered a long-drop toilet, then went downstairs to a club under the long-drops. I didn't get the sense this was actually a plan though, rather just something she liked the idea of.

Away from site changes, she said that they are doing less and less secret sets, as they are impossible to keep secret which makes crowd management a bit of a nightmare. They basically have to shut off whole areas, much like they did with The Killers a few years ago. Sorry @SecretGlasto.

There will be no Fleetwood Mac this year, nor will there be any Led Zep (although this wasn't as firm). 2 of the 3 headliners have been booked.

I can't remember quite what else was said, other than lots about ticketing, which has already been covered. If anything else comes back to me I'll share.

• Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Specifically she was saying how cool it would be if you entered a long-drop toilet, then went downstairs to a club under the long-drops. I didn't get the sense this was actually a plan though, rather just something she liked the idea of.

that might make for an interesting pit to party in :) 

16 minutes ago, big__phil said:

• Emily said that there won't be any major site changes for a while, as they are now within the '5 year cycle' which starts after the fallow year. Perhaps just slight improvements to the likes of the pier.
  • She did however say that it's about time that the site had a new hidden/secret venue, as the underground piano bar isn't much of a secret these days.
    • Specifically she was saying how cool it would be if you entered a long-drop toilet, then went downstairs to a club under the long-drops. I didn't get the sense this was actually a plan though, rather just something she liked the idea of.

Away from site changes, she said that they are doing less and less secret sets, as they are impossible to keep secret which makes crowd management a bit of a nightmare. They basically have to shut off whole areas, much like they did with The Killers a few years ago. Sorry @SecretGlasto.

There will be no Fleetwood Mac this year, nor will there be any Led Zep (although this wasn't as firm). 2 of the 3 headliners have been booked.

I can't remember quite what else was said, other than lots about ticketing, which has already been covered. If anything else comes back to me I'll share.

It's us that should be saying sorry.

The only thing ive used silver hayes for is a path to somwhere else or to grab some shade this year... while walking through... 

It is very nondescript and barren... something that has a lot room for them to add new things and change things. 

I expect Glasto on sea to be much more next year.. .they only just about opened it this year. They will probably adapt the Icon stage area a bit too. And obviously a replacement for Beat hotel. 

Other than that I imagine it will just be all 50th birthday cosmetic stuff on existing stuff. 

Edited by Havors

I don't think that much needs to change in Silver Hayes to improve it.

The Gully Blues stage looks great, and the fact it's slightly enclosed at the back helps create some atmosphere away from the thoroughfare. Why can't the other venues there jazz their appearance up a bit too?

Would be good to see some SE corner style stage design in Silver Hayes (on a more low key scale of course), to improve what visually is rather a bland area. Late at night once the SH stages are closed, a nice bit of lighting/projection mapping on those stages/sets would really help bring some much needed colour to that end of the festival.

There is nothing that much wrong with Silver Hayes, it just hasn't really moved with the times. The rest of the festival has kept upping the game aesthetics wise, leaving it looking tired and forgotten. It's not difficult to spruce up these kind of small to mid sized venues with a bit of creative set building.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:28 PM, vardyvarvar said:

The long drop bar, where sh*t goes off! Really looking forward to telling the first timers of it’s existence ?

I remember in 2009 (?) there was a good rumour of a secret club behind a portaloo. No more info given haha.

The underground piano bar had such an entrance.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:28 PM, vardyvarvar said:

The long drop bar, where sh*t goes off! Really looking forward to telling the first timers of it’s existence ?

I remember in 2009 (?) there was a good rumour of a secret club behind a portaloo. No more info given haha.

539561E1-2599-45B1-95FA-7AC136664FD3.thumb.jpeg.14f85f0aceedbe4802718528364941f8.jpeg

exclusive first image of the secret entrance to the long drop bar 

On 10/14/2019 at 5:10 PM, big__phil said:

maybe something like this