Site changes for 2020

morph100

24 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

we are spoilt my mum raves about glasto and the last time she went must have been the 80's and there was no fire breathing spider or new york night clubs then haha  they were pleased with the free milk

I suppose it’s a case of it becoming a victim of its own success isn’t it. The more they push the boundaries and try and make it better for everyone, the more people will critique them because they haven’t done what people want them to do. We are very spoilt with what they put on for us and should be grateful but people paying for a ticket will always have the right to an opinion. 

11 hours ago, Barneym said:

I think iikon needs work, it was just far too big to get any sort of atmosphere going. I understand the need for creating space and it made the SE corner much easier to get in too but it seemed to just be a bit dead the twice I went and I went once at 12 ish and once at 3.30 (when I was off my tits)

i don’t have a solution btw just would like to see it improved 

Glastonbury on sea needs to be open on the Wednesday as that is when lots of people have spare time, to be fair I think it was meant to be and they just hadn’t finished it in time. We tried to go at about 5pm on the Wednesday and sadly never got back there.

I thought Pangea was meh and nowhere near as spectacular as the spider, I’m sure it will get better but as was always the case before I’d much prefer to be in the SE corner or the Park at that time of night.

i really liked the Bimble being moved up the park, has a great night in there late Saturday 

I thought ICON needed to have bigger name acts on to fill the vast space. This would also relieve the crowding in SE corner even further. 

On 10/11/2019 at 11:21 PM, jow95 said:

Anyone thinking that Pangea was anything short of spectacular is wrong IMO. It was a giant rave crane with fire shooting all over the shop; how can you see that and not think this is actually quite impressive? Too much expectation absolutely impossible to meet me thinks

Agreed. Pangea banged. That run of Fatboy Eats Everything followed by Annie Mac made for a v v good Sat night.

CharlieRaven_Glasto19FriNight-2.jpg

Edited by jyoung

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

its might be taking the piss ... but they still haven't put that extra side on some of the urinals to prevent blue sheet pissing ... come on GF :) 

They could do with a bin or two in urinals so people stop chucking their glasses in the trough. ?

5 minutes ago, MJP said:

They could do with a bin or two in urinals so people stop chucking their glasses in the trough. ?

or maybe just thinking a bit outside the bogs here ... have a shelf of some description around them  to prevent the nearly empty ones hitting the trough 

Edited by crazyfool1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

now im in doubt :) 

They all need to be like that though. I don't remember seeing any in 2019.

Either way, I'm with you - this should definitely definitely happen, something I've been saying for years. You don't can't educate your way around these knuckleheads who queue to get inside a toilet and then piss on the floor to save 30 seconds. The only other option is enforcement, which is expensive and affects the buzz for everyone else who is already behaving.

Designing their way round it is the best option, and double sided urinals is a good design.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They all need to be like that though. I don't remember seeing any in 2019.

Either way, I'm with you - this should definitely definitely happen, something I've been saying for years. You don't can't educate your way around these knuckleheads who queue to get inside a toilet and then piss on the floor to save 30 seconds. The only other option is enforcement, which is expensive and affects the buzz for everyone else who is already behaving.

Designing their way round it is the best option, and double sided urinals is a good design.

I remember you being with me on toilets :) ... what a strange thing to remember you for sorry :) ....the one in the pyramid field annoyed me .... loads of people pissing against it ... I lost my cool once !!

34 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I remember you being with me on toilets :) ... what a strange thing to remember you for sorry :) ....the one in the pyramid field annoyed me .... loads of people pissing against it ... I lost my cool once !!

Either 2017 or 2019, reasonably early on, a few people started pissing against the side of that urinal and I managed to bollock/shame them all into stopping and going inside. Sadly it didn't last forever, and a few hours later there were far more of them at it, at which point I was too intimidated to harangue a large group of blokes!

But for a while, I was channeling the spirit of the Green Police and brought civilization back to a small pocket of the festival *smug face*

3 hours ago, Lankyboy said:

Didn’t go in 19 but in ‘16 and 17 the human traffic around pyramid getting to and from the stage was a nightmare and really bad. Did this improve in 19 and do people think anything can improve it for 2020.?

No but I’m not really sure how you can improve it without removing lots of the vendors so people are generally going the same way but that’s not really an option 

3 hours ago, Lankyboy said:

Didn’t go in 19 but in ‘16 and 17 the human traffic around pyramid getting to and from the stage was a nightmare and really bad. Did this improve in 19 and do people think anything can improve it for 2020.?

they did some kind of funnelling system to the right of the pyramid at times ... seemed to work ... but didnt stay there watching it for that long .... 

18 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

I thought ICON needed to have bigger name acts on to fill the vast space. This would also relieve the crowding in SE corner even further. 

Good point that would make a difference. I spend at least 3 nights in the SE corner and love it but normal that’s not my scene but even so I knew none of the names on that lineup especially when you compare it to something like Pangea where I knew all of them. (I’m sure some people will say that’s why it was great)

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

they did some kind of funnelling system to the right of the pyramid at times ... seemed to work ... but didnt stay there watching it for that long .... 

Really missed that, although there was so little for me on the pyramid this year I was only really there for Kyle which was manic and the last half an hour of the cure but that was at the back coming over from The Streets

Coming in from the Beat Hotel side just before Stormzy's set on the Friday, a whole army of stewards had locked arms and were funnelling new arrivals up by the long drops and around towards the middle of the crowd, obviously trying to avoid a rush towards the front from the side. First time I'd seen that (although I nearly always approach the Pyramid from the other side of the field).

2 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Really missed that, although there was so little for me on the pyramid this year I was only really there for Kyle which was manic and the last half an hour of the cure but that was at the back coming over from The Streets

i definitely saw it a couple of times ... in the daylight though ...

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Coming in from the Beat Hotel side just before Stormzy's set on the Friday, a whole army of stewards had locked arms and were funnelling new arrivals up by the long drops and around towards the middle of the crowd, obviously trying to avoid a rush towards the front from the side. First time I'd seen that (although I nearly always approach the Pyramid from the other side of the field).

I saw this once or twice, in fairness it seemed to work fairly well.

Tbh not a lot came from that, other than Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin are definitely not a thing for 2020.

She said they need to look at the ticket system but for every person arguing to ballot the tickets, there is another suing not to. Also that the tickets are pretty evenly spread around the country and that people in a ballot system probably wouldn’t be as dedicated for tickets as the scramble.