Site changes for 2020

morph100

Have we had any news or clues about changes to the site this year?

Presuming Arcadia will have some more added to it.

Expecting a big 50 sign or something somewhere? Remember when we had that spirit of 71 stage, maybe something like that?

I'd really like something done with the Silver Hayes area, it just feels soulless in the daytime. More of a walking route to other parts of the site than a part of the site itself, not sure if it could be reconfigured to make it less of a thoroughfare and more of an "area". 

Probably just me, but I don't feel like it has an identity like, say, theater and circus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

I'd really like something done with the Silver Hayes area, it just feels soulless in the daytime. More of a walking route to other parts of the site than a part of the site itself, not sure if it could be reconfigured to make it less of a thoroughfare and more of an "area". 

Probably just me, but I don't feel like it has an identity like, say, theater and circus.

Nope not just you.  Something that's come up on a lot of wishlists pretty much every year I think

1 minute ago, morph100 said:

Oh yes, someone mentioned a bandstand like the one in the market but I think that was just a hope rather than a rumour.

Only had a quick look around in on the Sunday this year, but there was a bandstand in the middle, just made of robots as opposed to live acts.

Can't see them doing proper booked acts up there, the risk of someone climbing up the side to see something better and falling off would freak me out. 

Would like it to be open more than last year, seemed to only be open for short periods during the day, I wanted to but up there at night!

33 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Silver Hayes is nothing more than a walking route for me at any time.

• Upvote 1

Am I right in thinking they combined The Gully and The Blues stages in SH in 2019?

I quite like those stages, along with the silent disco for a bit of fun. There's also the Shisha place in SH, which can be nice to chill out in later on. 

As an area though it's not one of my favourites and also I don't think the positioning of it helps as it feels quite far away from the other areas.

The Park and South East Corner in Glasto terms are kind of close. 

This year was my first and we absolutely loved The Beat Hotel. I was exhausted on the Saturday and they had some gorgeous downtempo music on that sorted me right out. Went back later on in the evening and it was going off... hopefully something with a similar vibe will be there. Was quite disappointed with Arcadia after seeing some of the videos of the spider from previous years, hoping that is expanded on. 

Edited by matthewj4659

Usually expect SE corner to have a fair few changes even if it’s just the theming in shangri la or whatever it’s usually extensive enough to be noteworthy. I’d heard somewhere they made an effort to move away from small venues for larger ones to ease crowds and as much as I miss the small venues, I felt like this worked a treat so can’t see many huge changes down there. Big venues full of people and far better crowd levels than before. Maybe also helped by the fact everyone was shattered from the hear.

2 hours ago, matthewj4659 said:

This year was my first and we absolutely loved The Beat Hotel. I was exhausted on the Saturday and they had some gorgeous downtempo music on that sorted me right out. Went back later on in the evening and it was going off... hopefully something with a similar vibe will be there. Was quite disappointed with Arcadia after seeing some of the videos of the spider from previous years, hoping that is expanded on. 

To be fair, the first year of the spider wasn’t great, and they just added to it every year until it was totally epic. Expect a similar thing to happen with the crane

2 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

Am I right in thinking they combined The Gully and The Blues stages in SH in 2019?

Yes they did, with a fair amount of music from around the world, only stage I check out in SH if I’m passing, I’d prefer more reggae as there was before but it’s still worth going to.

17 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Same here but I think we'd all appreciate a better walking route to the west camping fields that didn't go through Silver Hayes.

Bet the eavis’ feel very sorry for giving punters several stages and food option to walk past on their way back to the tent