Campervan Question

med

After deciding to double my chances of getting a ticket for next year, I was lucky enough to get a coach package ticket from Taunton, which is actually on my way to Glastonbury, so will be driving my bongo campervan up to Taunton to get the coach, and obviously I would love to be able to sleep in my bongo at the festival, and I'm just trying to work out if that is possible. I'm thinking that I could get the train back to Taunton from Glastonbury and then drive to the festival, I know that I am not allowed to buy a campervan ticket as I have a coach package ticket, but my 16 year old son managed to get a general admission ticket, so I'm wondering if it would be possible to buy the campervan ticket in his name (if he's old enough?) and then as long as he's in the campervan with me, does anyone know if I would be allowed into the campervan fields this way?   

26 minutes ago, med said:

I know that I am not allowed to buy a campervan ticket as I have a coach package ticket, but my 16 year old son managed to get a general admission ticket, so I'm wondering if it would be possible to buy the campervan ticket in his name (if he's old enough?) and then as long as he's in the campervan with me, does anyone know if I would be allowed into the campervan fields this way?   

yep, that would work. 

4 minutes ago, med said:

Excellent!  Thank you!   Does anyone happen to know if there would be shuttle buses going from the festival to Castle Cary train station on Thursday morning? 

yeah - but the problem is how you get from the CV field to that shuttle bus, as you won't have your entrance ticket to get thru the site.

I will park at Taunton train station, get the coach from Taunton to the festival (where I will be given my ticket on the coach), and then I will travel back to Taunton to get my bongo. It does sound like a bit of a faff I know, but I think it would be worth it.. 

I admire your determination Med. It does seem like a faff, but now you've been lucky enough to get a ticket for yourself and your son it will be well worth the effort.

I have something else you may consider. I have used Ashcombe Park Festival parking for around 7 years now and so have a lot of my friends. If per chance you fail at getting a C'van ticket you can always use these. Last year one of my friends in the same predicament as you parked there first  then travelled to Bristol to get a coach, and low and behold the coach he got actually dropped him off because it was driving past there anyway.Of course tho this will be up to the friendliness of the driver.

Good luck

https://ashcombepark.com/

2 hours ago, Staberinde said:

I admire your determination Med. It does seem like a faff, but now you've been lucky enough to get a ticket for yourself and your son it will be well worth the effort.

I have something else you may consider. I have used Ashcombe Park Festival parking for around 7 years now and so have a lot of my friends. If per chance you fail at getting a C'van ticket you can always use these. Last year one of my friends in the same predicament as you parked there first  then travelled to Bristol to get a coach, and low and behold the coach he got actually dropped him off because it was driving past there anyway.Of course tho this will be up to the friendliness of the driver.

Good luck

https://ashcombepark.com/

That does sound like a very good plan, another helpful person messaged me the same idea! Do you sleep at ashcombe park? 

• Like 1