The popularity of the festival

Ohinever

My worry is that more boisterous new people start coming and don't respect or understand the ethos and vibe of Glastonbury. The last thing I want is for it to end up with horrible little twats I see at certain other festivals coming en masse because of hype and causing trouble or just making people feel uncomfortable. 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

My worry is that more boisterous new people start coming and don't respect or understand the ethos and vibe of Glastonbury. The last thing I want is for it to end up with horrible little twats I see at certain other festivals coming en masse because of hype and causing trouble or just making people feel uncomfortable. 

That already happened. Then they built a fence. 

20 minutes ago, Havors said:

Well that may not have stopped them... 

It mostly has. The first one I went to there was a shooting. Yardies and dealers were on every bridge. Tents got slashed and robbed every night. You didn't even need a ticket to get in, never mind going to the trouble of registering and getting organised on a Sunday morning in October. 

It's much harder to be a bellend at Glastonbury now than it ever has been. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

It mostly has. The first one I went to there was a shooting. Yardies and dealers were on every bridge. Tents got slashed and robbed every night. You didn't even need a ticket to get in, never mind going to the trouble of registering and getting organised on a Sunday morning in October. 

It's much harder to be a bellend at Glastonbury now than it ever has been. 

Sure this has probably been posted on here before but I watched this the other week, it's full of a load of shit but I was surprised of that big fuck off machete that was supposedly confiscated.

I think the availability of ‘creature comforts’  has added to it, things that people bring with them in standard camping, glamping, backstage trailers, offsite posh camping.

it opens up the festival to people who would have previously dismissed it because they wouldn’t like to be without things they can have at home.

Now they are, we are competing with a wider demographic of people for tickets.