Funnest Glasto sets

Jne___

On 10/11/2019 at 8:29 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Got their whole glasto set on a limited CD, 100 copies only, they produced . Brings back some great memories of their performance. 

Me too - the quality is great and I love that the introduction is on there - as well as all their chat!

Not sure what year it was, maybe 2014, but whichever year I first saw Biggles Wartime Band while wandering through Croissant Neuf on a sunny day. Incredibly silly and very cheery. Became an annual pilgrimage to see them on a Weds or Thurs, and definitely made me realise fully that the fest is more than just the main stage lineups. Miss them. 

On 10/11/2019 at 12:54 PM, mazola said:

2008 - 2011ish - Mundo Jazz last thing on a Sunday night

Ah, very sadly missed. Used to love settling down to watch them after the headliners.  They had such a brilliant deadpan way of introducing their songs - 'here's one about our esteemed new pope... "No Bumming".   My sons still have their 'fight capitalism for only £9.99' t shirts, and occasionally bump into other people wearing them.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:46 PM, maelzoid said:

Barenaked Ladies in 93 and 99.

I know it sounds weird, but they were one of the most infectiously fun live bands I've ever seen.

And Beck '97.

Definitely the Barenaked Ladies!

Glad you know the year (1993) because I couldn't remember.  Utterly joyous and a lasting memory.

The Darkness too but more of a WTF.

Crystal Fighters in 2014, Friday afternoon on John peel just before the heavens opened.

I mentioned on here that it would be a ton of fun, and I think a few went along based on my recommendation. Bamber had uploaded the whole set to youtube but I can't find it now.