Motorhome hire

okerich

Have you thought about buying a caravan or a trailer tent?  A second hand one won't cost a great deal more than the hire of a tidy motorhome in Glasto week - all the hire firms know the date and hike their prices for Glasto.

Even if it costs a bit more you've then got something of your own to use for other festivals and weekends away.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

Is it really that expensive to hire a camper for the festival?  I have my own, so have never looked, but have seen people on here say it's expensive, and others say it's not.  Curious, is all.

I think it’s obscenely expensive to hire them when it’s not for a festival so I dread to think what G prices are like.

23 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Have you thought about buying a caravan or a trailer tent?  A second hand one won't cost a great deal more than the hire of a tidy motorhome in Glasto week - all the hire firms know the date and hike their prices for Glasto.

Even if it costs a bit more you've then got something of your own to use for other festivals and weekends away.

Seconded, I love my trailer tent. The one I have now was 1200, but my first one was about 400 and it was huge, comfy and really easy to tow. 

5 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

Seconded, I love my trailer tent. The one I have now was 1200, but my first one was about 400 and it was huge, comfy and really easy to tow. 

My trailer tent was in a way the best bit of festival going kit I ever had.  Two decent beds, a cooker and we had a three-way fridge.  With an awning plus an extension to the awning we had a huge social area, room to sleep four hefty blokes and it folded away to be stored in mother-in-law's garage.  All for £400 and, as NU says, very easy to tow.

I have to confess that I've since moved through three caravans to my present twin axle beast but maybe, as it's only used for four fests a year, it is overkill.  The danger is that once you start down the trailer tent/caravan road you are on a slippery slope to comfort and luxury.