Best Glasto Sets You've seen

The Toad.

3 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Radiohead 2017. My favourite ever gig anywhere, ever. I’ve seen them before at MEN, Leeds Festival and Old Trafford but the Glastonbury set was a dream for me.

I saw them in the Manchester Apollo in 2003 I think, just after Hail To The Thief came out, they didn’t have a support and played for about 3 hours. It’s still to this day my favourite gig ever. 

• Upvote 1

04 - Goldfrapp

05 - Basement Jaxx

07 - Amy Winehouse

08 - Franz Ferdinand

09 - Blur

10 - Stevie Wonder

11 - Wu-Tang Clan

13 - Rolling Stones

14 - Arcade Fire

15 - Lionel Ritchie

16 - Adele

17 - The Killers

19 - Lizzo

Edited by Dixo

2003 - Radiohead (just shading REM)

2009 - Blur (just shading Bon Iver on the Park)

2010 - The National (just shading Stevie)

2011 - Coldplay

2013 - Stones (just shading Chic)

2015 - Hot Chip (just shading Patti)

2016 - LCD Soundsystem

2019 - The Cure (just shading Lizzo)

13 - Rolling stones

15 - Lionel

16 - Bring Me the Horizon (seen them loads but they really delivered on this set)

17 - The Killers (Watching Killers on TV in 07 is what made me determined to go to Glastonbury one day, only took me 5 years to actually put my plan into action)

19 - Since I watched a lot of this one on TV, Idles/Lizzo

Manu Chao Glastonbury 2008

Badly Drawn Boy Glastonbury 2009

Stevie Wonder/Flaming Lips Glastonbury 2010 

Eels Glastonbury 2011

The Rolling Stones Glastonbury 2013

Hot Chip/Caribou/Todd Terje/George Clinton Glastonbury 2015

ZZ Top/Earth Wind & Fire in the PISSING rain Glastonbury 2016

Solange/Justice/Chic (also first time on MDMA in shangri la) Glastonbury 2017

Lizzo Glastonbury 2019 

Edited by BlackHole2006

8 hours ago, lukethekid said:

I saw them in the Manchester Apollo in 2003 I think, just after Hail To The Thief came out, they didn’t have a support and played for about 3 hours. It’s still to this day my favourite gig ever. 

That would have been a great time to watch them. My favourite record of theirs is In Rainbows though. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

That would have been a great time to watch them. My favourite record of theirs is In Rainbows though. 

That album was sadly sullied by a close friend I lived with at the time who droned on and on about how Radiohead are objectively the best band of all time, and how In Rainbows is a masterpiece, in that insufferable way that Radiohead fans have a tendency to do.

9 minutes ago, kalifire said:

That album was sadly sullied by a close friend I lived with at the time who droned on and on about how Radiohead are objectively the best band of all time, and how In Rainbows is a masterpiece, in that insufferable way that Radiohead fans have a tendency to do.

Guilty. In his defence he is correct. 

14 hours ago, Benja100 said:

Where was Sasha and digweed? Thought Sasha played one night at glade after Goldies back to 92 set at arcadia. Was that it? Digweed too? Was there for the whole set if memory serves 

might have been 2016 , it was when the foo fighters played

52 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Yeah that’s awful. What he really should’ve been droning on and on about is OK Computer, and how THAT’S a masterpiece and the greatest album of all time. 

• Upvote 1

Not particularly original, but Radiohead and Rolling Stones are the best gigs I've ever seen. 

Away from Pyramid headliners, LCD Soundsystem, Moondlandingz, MGMT (their first Glastonbury), Super Furry Animals, RTJ, Flying Lotus and Jon Hopkins headlining the Glade all stick out.

15 hours ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

the best single evening i ever had was david gray > suede > REM - can't remember what year, or what order they played, but i do remember it was the most "sheer joy" sequence of bands i've seen there.

2003 - I think it was Suede, then David Gray then REM, and agreed, it was magical.

(That said, Suede were awful that day I thought!). But it was a perfect evening. Got too drunk for REM. 

12 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Radiohead at Old Trafford cricket ground in 2008 remains my favourite gig of all time. Worth missing Glasto for that year.