Campervan/Motorhome 2019

GHonz

Hi all,

I have hired a campervan to drive down to the festival this year but still need to get my campervan ticket at the end of the month. Ive got a few questions if anyone could help me out as its the first time me and my girlfriend have done the festival in a campervan.

1 - Are the tickets hard to get?

2 - Which field is the best field to camp in?

3 - What time does the site open on Tuesday?

4 - How far is the walk to enter the festival?

5 - Any other pointers?

Image result for glastonbury 2020

1 hour ago, GHonz said:

Thank you for the quick response, another few questions: 

- Is your pitch allocated to you or do you just park up wherever when you get there?

- Do I just need 1 motorhome ticket for whoever is staying in it? 

Kind regards 

You park up in a row, in the order that you drive in.  Imagine parking for a fete or that sort of things - stewards pointing you to the next spot along in a line.  You'll be given space around you, and they usually ask which side the awning is on so they don't put someone too close that you cannot use it.

One ticket for one van.  Theoretically, the tickets will be checked - they have a name on them, and that person must be present with their festival ticket.  It is not heavily enforced, but I was asked last year so they could check.

I'd say its a 20 - 30 minute trek from West to the Other stage which is the nearest stage! I do take kids though which slows things down.

sometimes you have to queue to get in and out too  - you need your ticket to get in and out of the field.

I want to try East this time ( if i get a ticket)

3 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

One ticket for one van.  Theoretically, the tickets will be checked - they have a name on them, and that person must be present with their festival ticket.  It is not heavily enforced, but I was asked last year so they could check.

I sold my CV ticket last year, gave the guy a copy of my ID and was available on phone if they needed to speak to 'their friend', but in the end nothing happened. 

15 minutes ago, GHonz said:

So say me and my girlfriend had to go back at different times, how would they know shes in the field without the one ticket for the van that I have, is everyone in the van given a pass to the field? 

the vehicle gets a pass ... you both have standard festival tickets to enable you to enter / reenter ... you need to keep these with you at all times ... along with the pass out that you get when leaving 

3 minutes ago, GHonz said:

So does that mean anyone with a standard ticket can get in to the campervan fields? Or does everyone in the field get a separate pass for entering and exiting. (Campervan field) 

You get a pass out every time you leave the festival. You will not be admitted back in without your ticket (which is just a standard ticket) and the pass out.

3 minutes ago, GHonz said:

So does that mean anyone with a standard ticket can get in to the campervan fields? Or does everyone in the field get a separate pass for entering and exiting. (Campervan field) 

Yes anyone with a ticket can get into the campervan fields, the same as the camping fields. For east there are also car parks beyond the van fields - there's security around on towers and the fields are massive.

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

the vehicle gets a pass ... you both have standard festival tickets to enable you to enter / reenter ... you need to keep these with you at all times ... along with the pass out that you get when leaving 

Thank you all, nice one ?

We've got coach tickets this year but am now going to be taking the children 6mth and 3 yrs and am just starting a self build campervan. I know it's a bit against the ethos of the coach tickets - we usually do the coach - but I feel having a camper with the kids is going to be a massive help. We have a friend who's reg I can use to get the camper ticket but does Anyone know the implications other than Possibly not having our friend present When entering? Are they going to question us initiall getting into the Camper field having only coach tickets or is it not that stringent. We had camper tickets for 2016 mud bath but the fields had closed when we got there and ended up being directed to the the fairground which was a real effort, having to get a bus there and back everyday sucked 

36 minutes ago, upshitcreek said:

We've got coach tickets this year but am now going to be taking the children 6mth and 3 yrs and am just starting a self build campervan. I know it's a bit against the ethos of the coach tickets - we usually do the coach - but I feel having a camper with the kids is going to be a massive help. We have a friend who's reg I can use to get the camper ticket but does Anyone know the implications other than Possibly not having our friend present When entering? Are they going to question us initiall getting into the Camper field having only coach tickets or is it not that stringent. We had camper tickets for 2016 mud bath but the fields had closed when we got there and ended up being directed to the the fairground which was a real effort, having to get a bus there and back everyday sucked 

I went on a coach this year. My mate drove the campervan and they got the camper on with no issues.

How you are getting your tickets off the coach driver will be your biggest problem I would have thought.

8 hours ago, eastynh said:

I went on a coach this year. My mate drove the campervan and they got the camper on with no issues.

How you are getting your tickets off the coach driver will be your biggest problem I would have thought.

We got there late in the Wednesday  they simply shut the entrance said to try on Thursday then told us it was impassable. I'll go on the coach as the lead booker and get the tickets the Mrs can take the van. Either that or I convince my mate to take the van in for me but he's coming from Amsterdam and we're in Manchester so not all plain sailing 

Edited by upshitcreek

32 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Are you sure the lead booker gets all the tickets, am sure I read on here they are called out individually

Not sure about nowerdays in the past they have definitely only give to lead booker, the driver walked down the aisle with envelopes containing all the tickets with the lead bookers name on. Last time I went was 2015 I think so things could very well have changed And suppose could differ from coach to coach. I think safest bet is to get my mate to take the van down then I can take it home. 

31 minutes ago, upshitcreek said:

Not sure about nowerdays in the past they have definitely only give to lead booker, the driver walked down the aisle with envelopes containing all the tickets with the lead bookers name on. Last time I went was 2015 I think so things could very well have changed And suppose could differ from coach to coach. I think safest bet is to get my mate to take the van down then I can take it home. 

They gave them out individually on our coach and we had to show id.

• 2 weeks later...