Diana Ross

JoeyT

Just now, Quark said:

This is the correct mindset. 

If there's really nothing else I want to watch, I'll go watch her and tick her off the list. When I was a bit younger, I used to throw a tantrum if someone was playing that I didn't like, but now I'm a bit older, I'll quite happily go have a nap in the T+C field on the hammocks if there's nothing on I want to watch ?

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

This is a great booking. Ross epitomizes the idea of the Legend Slot and I love me a bit of Motown. But.... I'm already getting anxious about the crowd size. I think you'd have to be there for the act before to get anywhere close to a good spot.

Watched Kylie from the Ice cream van this year, had a great time. Got pretty busy up there too. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reckon she'll draw a smaller crowd than Kylie.

Even by the metric of Spotify, Diana Ross is a bigger act than Kylie, and that doesn't even factor in the Supremes. It will be huge!!

And you know, there's very little chance of Chris Martin turning up...

Just now, maelzoid said:

Even by the metric of Spotify, Diana Ross is a bigger act than Kylie, and that doesn't even factor in the Supremes. It will be huge!!

That's global vs. just the UK.

Maybe I'm wrong....dunno.  I was wrong about the size of Lionel Richie's crowd.

6 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Absolutely, but Kylie is probably more in the public consciousness with recent hits. I'd wager there will be more younger festival goers having to look up DR than they did Kylie. 

There was little chance of him rocking up with Kylie and he still managed it. I'm proposing an eFests taskforce to kidnap, secure and subdue Chris Martin for a few hours on Sunday afternoon. It's to protect him from himself as much as anything,

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's global vs. just the UK.

Maybe I'm wrong....dunno.  I was wrong about the size of Lionel Richie's crowd.

I hear ya. But looking at London monthly figures, Diana just pips Kylie. Add significant Supremes plays and she's way ahead.

I used to be very cynical about Spotify listens as a good benchmark, but it is so ubiquitous now that I think it has value (although it does skew massively towards the younger demographic).

Just now, Madyaker said:

She can’t get a bigger crowd since the field was overflowing for kylie but she could get a smaller one depending on clashes and I also think kylie has a bigger following in the uk.

Kylie wasn't field at capacity though, anecdotally loads more space closer to the front as everyone just stopped nearer the back rather than moving forward

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reckon she'll draw a smaller crowd than Kylie.

Hard to tell. I think Diana is an act with an awful lot of crossover.

Some south east corner dwellers that never really go anywhere near the pyramid might swan over for this one.

On the TV kylie looked like Dolly in that absolutely everyone at the festival was there. I think with Diana it will be very close if not the same. She’s universally more known and loved than Kylie... but kylie is bigger in the UK.

Edited by Matt42