JoeyT

Diana Ross

15 minutes ago, sirjonnyp said:

Excellent news and booking. Am I correct in thinking that her name has been circling the spot for the last few years but they've ended up having someone else?

Sadly I can't see her getting the same size crowd as Kylie, I don't think she carries as much sway with the younger generations. 

I think DR checks a lot demographics actually, considering she's 75... For me she's quite a similar booking; fun, dancey-disco, quite a few easy nod-your-head and tap-your-feet anthems... I think people will be out in droves to see her, just like Chic as well now I think of it.

Dolly Parton isn't exactly "down with the kids" but her 9-5 song has probably been played a shit-ton at universities across the country, and I would assume I'm Coming Out and Upside Down will be MASSIVE. There's gonna be a huge crowd, way past the tree, everyone dancing.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 minute ago, glastofun said:

I hope this means no Elton. Surely they couldn’t have Diana Ross and Elton John on the same bill? 

Elton as Sunday closer after DR in legends would be the stuff of glorious wonderful insanity, and I would be all over it like Chris Martin on a guest slot.

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 2

Just now, glastofun said:

I hope this means no Elton. Surely they couldn’t have Diana Ross and Elton John on the same bill? 

He’d just headline instead ... no reason why not ... like him or not he’s certainly big enough for the 50th 

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How on earth did they convince her to fly on a plane again.

Probably going to take a cruise liner over, thats why theyre announcing it now so she can start sailing!

3 minutes ago, glastofun said:

How did you choose your username with comments like this?

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Why would you hope no Elton?

How did you choose your username with comments like this?

Glastofun is no fun.

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I think DR checks a lot demographics actually, considering she's 75... For me she's quite a similar booking; fun, dancey-disco, quite a few easy-nod-your-head and tap-your-feet anthems... I think people will be out in droves to see her, just like Chic as well now I think of it.

Dolly Parton isn't exactly "down with the kids" but her 9-5 song has probably been played a shit-ton at universities across the country, and I would assume I'm Coming Out and Upside Down will be MASSIVE. There's gonna be a huge crowd, way past the tree, everyone dancing.

If she puts in a performance half as good as Chic we are onto a winner. 

That was a glorious afternoon. Is it too early to start praying for good weather? 

Edited by Catba

5 minutes ago, glastofun said:

Thanks for the upvote ... think you might have missed the pun in the DRoss post :) 

2 minutes ago, Catba said:

That was a glorious afternoon. Is it too early to start praying for good weather? 

I can't believe you haven't already started!

• Upvote 1

Still hoping for Reg in the headline spot on the Sunday night, what a Sunday that would be, all they need to do after that is bring back Goldblum and that would make the Sunday amazing! 

4 minutes ago, Catba said:

You NEVER stop praying for good weather. EVER!

• Upvote 2

it

[ it ]SHOW IPA
WORD ORIGIN|IDIOMS

pronoun, nominative it, possessive its or (Obsolete or Dialect) it, objective it; plural nominative they, possessive their or theirs, objective them.

is what we love to see

B*gger.

Been hoping for her for a few years, now she sneaks in when I haven't yet got a ticket.

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

I can't believe you haven't already started!

2 minutes ago, AmazingAbby said:

You NEVER stop praying for good weather. EVER!

My apologies, I’ll get started 🙏

20 minutes ago, Charm said:

This is exactly who I didn’t want to see  announced considering I’m ticketless, her music is the soundtrack of my childhood, amazing booking, going to be pretty special. 

Charm x

Keep the faith sister

ZGD6BWO.gif.60d8e365e3433624c446d76d55a61bb6.gif

• Like 1

With her back catalog Glastonbury should be a huge success.  It's basically an open goal for her.  And Diana Ross never misses an open goa.oh.

Edited by uscore
  • Upvote 4