Diana Ross

JoeyT

23 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Can't wait. I think it'll be exceptional atmosphere and a great set, but of the 6 I've seen, Lionel will take some serious topping.

I was thinking through the various “legends” I’ve seen, and I came to the same conclusion. I think she’s going to eclipse a number of the recent legends

On 6/15/2022 at 10:41 AM, efcfanwirral said:

Hmm the setlist from Cambridge is interesting for me - the songs I really Iike are all played within the first 6 tracks, and I either don't know or actively dislike the others (probably because of covers over the years coupled with it just not being my type of music at all). Might position myself to go to Fontaines after that 

Yep. First few by the cider bus and leg it. If it’s possible to get to the cider bus. This is another potential problem.

Sunday could be a very difficult day 

ffs

On 6/15/2022 at 10:41 AM, efcfanwirral said:

Hmm the setlist from Cambridge is interesting for me - the songs I really Iike are all played within the first 6 tracks, and I either don't know or actively dislike the others (probably because of covers over the years coupled with it just not being my type of music at all). Might position myself to go to Fontaines after that 

You don't like Upside Down? 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the set now and it doesn’t sound half as bad as some people are making out. Sure her voice isn’t nearly what it used to be, and maybe it sounded different from the field, but it seems like a classic legend slot to me - lots of big bangers made for a dance and singalongs by somebody largely past their prime but still killing it. Don’t really regret not seeing her as my choices of Caroline Polachek > Jack White (on the barrier for both) were excellent, but it looks like that entire Pyramid crowd is bouncing. 

it sounded terrible, like some poor karaoke at time going on but the atmosphere and the party made it irrelevant.  it was so much fun and even the odd pang of embarrassment for her when it went really wrong soon passed and the party continued.

I'm glad I went off to other parts of the festival whilst everyone was watching Diana! 

I FINALLY got up the ribbon tower, ate at Greenpeace, listened to and signed pledges etc etc.

Is the general feel that she was "Okay" ? 

It's was a complete farce on stage with sound and her seemingly just giving up on a few songs midway through. Consumate professional though, held it together well and the crowd were loving the big moments. We were much further back than I'd have liked but looked like a massive party down the front.

We were pretty far back.  Crowd were loving it - Chain Reaction and I'm Still Waiting especially went off - and everyone up and dancing/singing but the sound mix was awful and her voice not quite up to it in parts.  Should have binned the new stuff.